Success of a different sort

S
skunk
Made it our on the lower clack this afternoon. Water was up, rather muddy, but flow was good. I finally got my float and jig system worked out a bit. Got a new Okuma SST 10'6 rod and man that makes a difference on getting the 1/8"th jig setup to work right. The longer rod works wonders for me. Can't wait to figure out where those fishies are now and get to catching!!!

C
Cohosanders
skunk said:
Made it our on the lower clack this afternoon. Water was up, rather muddy, but flow was good. I finally got my float and jig system worked out a bit. Got a new Okuma SST 10'6 rod and man that makes a difference on getting the 1/8"th jig setup to work right. The longer rod works wonders for me. Can't wait to figure out where those fishies are now and get to catching!!!

Go up river to McIver or that surrounding area.

J
jathrtn
Okuma sst!

Okuma sst!

skunk said:

I ALSO HAVE AN OKUMA SST, BUT AN 8FT ER. WORKS GOOD THOUGH/WITH 15LB BRAIDED LINE. I CAN CAST NEARLY ACROSS ANY PART OF THE CLACK UP BY MCIVER, WHERE DOG CREEK IS. U CAN ALSO TRY TO FISH THE MOUTH OF THE CLACK WERE EAGLE CREEK MEETS THE RIVER. PARK @ BONNIE LURE PARK AND HIKE DOWN STREAM TO THE MOUTH OF THE CLACK! MAKE SURE TO BRING UR WADERS! :cool:

B
beaverfan
Just to clarify the above post the mouth of the Clack is in Oregon City, what you're describing is the mouth of Eagle Creek.

J
jathrtn
That what i meant!

That what i meant!

beaverfan said:
Just to clarify the above post the mouth of the Clack is in Oregon City, what you're describing is the mouth of Eagle Creek.

YES SIR THAT IS WHAT I MEANT, TO FOLLOW EAGLE CREEK DOWN TO THE MOUTH. I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN CONFUSING THE WAY I WORDED IT, BUT I KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKIN ABOUT! :cool: LOL!

S
skunk
I'll try up there this saturday. Tonight the river looked like it might have peaked if the rain stays light. Not quite a muddy looking as yesterday, but still not much visibility. I have been down just below high rocks at about 4-5pm and there is a cool fog that rolls up the river about then. Its nice and peaceful, even though the river is high. Today a bufflehead floated by as I was casting. A cormorant flew by real low. It is just nice to be near the water.