Sturgeon Success!!!!

N
n8r1
Went out with a buddy yesterday on the Willamette for a little sturgeon fishing. What a blast! Great weather, and for some crazy reason we were the only boat out there! Not another sturgeon fisherman in sight! Talk about lucky! I have no idea why there weren't more people targeting sturgeon on such a nice day but I'll take it!

We started off trying sandshrimp and nightcrawlers with limited success, but once we switched over to live goldfish the bite was really on! We couldn't keep them off our hooks once we made the switch. Those guys really must love goldfish, I guess, especially after we sprayed them down with WD-40. You just have to make sure that your hooks are barbed or else the goldfish escape pretty easily.

All together, we landed 4 keepers between the two of us, along with countless shakers. The one on the far right was hooked through the tail, but he still put up a heck of a good fight! All in all a great day on the Willamette and some good eating!

• 4sturgeon.jpg
G
Gunq
Hahaha Nice April Fools Joke!

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish and joke! sounds like a great day on the water :clap:

E
eggs
Glad to see you got in to some.. wish I could of joined you, just got your call a bit last minute.. I did see a boat when I was in OC and was wondering if it was y'all ..

S
skunk
Nice story!!! Made me smile at least.

H
Hawk
I've caught them sometimes usig Pileworms, with a sliding sinker setup...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

C
capblack
goldfish are my go to bait. where did ya get them. i get mine at wal mart :lol:

H
Hawk
capblack said:

I always catch the goldfish at MarieWorld & putem ina bucket.
hahahaha
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:clap::clap::clap:

S
SturgeonSurgeon
capblack said:

Gold fish is Illegal as well as WD-40....I'm sure all of you know this though....LOL

Last edited:
18406ej
18406ej
Thanks for the smile, N8R1.

C
capblack
SturgeonSurgeon said:
Gold fish is Illegal as well as WD-40....I'm sure all of you know this though....LOL

thanks for the clarification :lol:

S
SturgeonSurgeon
I'm glad you all understand that....lol it was a joke as well........Maybe my humor there was a little dry......