Sturgeon Lake

Y
YoungWig
I went out to Sturgeon lake and did some kayaking with the lady friend yesterday. Man what a day out there! First time I had been. There were eagles flying all over the place swooping up fish!

To my surprise there were bass jumping all over the place, but unfortunately I forgot to bring my rod & tackle.

Has anyone ever fished Sturgeon Lake for bass? Or anything at that? What works out there?

I'm going to give it a shot one of these weekends.

Thanks!

bass
bass
Are you sure they were bass? There are a lot of carp in that area and it is likely that they are thrashing around while spawning right now.

F
Fishpdx
bass said:
Are you sure they were bass? There are a lot of carp in that area and it is likely that they are thrashing around while spawning right now.

Yea I agree with you , Carp should be spawning now and they jump around a lot.

Y
YoungWig
Could have been. Just seemed like a good bass area. I never got an actual good eye on the fish.

B
bassman503
Most likely were carp. I have caught smallmouth and seen washed up walleye in there, though. It is a big nice flat for fish to spawn during the spring time.

F
Fishpdx
bassman503 said:
Most likely were carp. I have caught smallmouth and seen washed up walleye in there, though. It is a big nice flat for fish to spawn during the spring time.

You say walleye? I'm thinking of getting into walleye fishing here in oregon. Can you send me the coordinates?

B
bassman503
I was bank fishing for carp. Take Oak Island Road to Haldeman Pond and follow the gravel road to the right of the pond to the end of the "boat launch." There is a trail that follows the bank of the lake to the left of the launch. I saw a dead one about 20 inches washed up on the shore. I have a picture somewhere..

Y
Yianvey
Hi young wig how are you today? N may I ask where is this sturgeon lake at?? Plz give me the address so I can go thier n fishs for bass I can't seem to find a good spot for bass fishing n chappies fish?? Thank you for ur time I be waiting for ur reply thank you so much☺

Y
Yianvey
Hi bassman503 how are u today may I ask? Am sorry to bug u but u seem to know hood river pretty well n I would like to ask you can u Plz Plz help me find a alots of fishing spots for bass?? I go to hood river every weekends but can't seem to find a bass fishing place for bass??? do u know any off of freeway 184 east?? It Sad I go a very long day to look for bass but I never seem to get a bass home for dinner?? if u do know a place Plz let me know thank you so much for ur time bassman503. I be waiting for ur reply thanks takecare have a nice day!!