Sturgeon from the bank wearing only boxers! :)

D
dmarc85
To reach our super-secret bank fishing spot for sturgeon, we had to ford the swollen Willamette river, but it was WORTH IT! 7 Sturgeon in 2 hours.

Lack of pants is due to water-logged clothes. My brother has a thing against wet clothes... Enjoy the pics...

First we crossed the flooded path, waist-deep.
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-12.jpg

Then my bro landed a good sized sturge
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-20.jpg

I caught a stupid sculpin
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-25.jpg

Then I caught my first sturgeon of the day! I was stoked cuz this is the first fish I've caught in almost a year!!!
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-11.jpg:D:D:D

We hooked sturgies all day long!
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-28.jpg
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-29.jpg

I brought in a good one!
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-5.jpg

Then my bro finished the day off with the biggest fish of the day. 36"
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-23.jpg
AJs21erandSturgenFishing6-17thru-27.jpg

It was a good day! 7 sturgeon from the bank. Our efforts paid off!

T
the_intimidator03
Looks like a GREAT day out there. Ive been tryin to find a location to bank fish for sturgeon. But for the moment im confined to crutches and my butt. See off topic for details LOL. Mind if i ask general location on willamette such as harrisburg corvallis etc? You can pm me if you prefer with that info as well

D
dmarc85
It's somewhere between the Columbia and Eugene. ;)

T
the_intimidator03
lmao i am just south of eugene. tryin to find some access near harrisburg. I just need to make a run to one place and talk with the land owners and ive got 1 hole the other i need to just drive out there and carve a path to.

D
dmarc85
Is the other spot near harrisburg? I love finding these backwoods fishing spots. So tight!

T
the_intimidator03
Both are actually one you can pretty much see town from the other is due north. Still tryin to figure out some more spots and Need to make another run with MOSD if we can get out for it.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Well now,I just might have to get into sturgeon fishing...;) :D You fellas are VERY adventurous...:lol:

D
dmarc85
Raincatcher said:
Well now,I just might have to get into sturgeon fishing...;) :D You fellas are VERY adventurous...:lol:

Thanks, Barb! I highly recommend sturgeon fishing. It is very fun! A wise man once told me, "Men must walk through mire to get what they desire." So true in this instance!

M
metalmania
Wow i've never seen that spot with the water that high before:shock: Infact that's the first time i've seen it without a thousand boats anchored up below the bridge:lol:.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish guys~!

D
dmarc85
metalmania said:
Wow i've never seen that spot with the water that high before:shock: Infact that's the first time i've seen it without a thousand boats anchored up below the bridge:lol:.

So you know this spot? PM me if so. Or are you just guessing?