Sturgeon fishing between I205 bridge and the Sandy River

F
fishingfreak
Can anyone tell me if I can fish for Sturgeon this weekend between 205 and the Sandy River? My Niece and Nephew want me to take them Tomorrow. The Regs are confusing but i think from odfw's website for new releases it is closed till May 22nd. Thanks for any input?
LA:shock:

M
Moe
I think it is still open for retention, but only on retention days. I believe they are thursday, Friday, and Saturday. So if you go tommarrow you could still do catch and release, just can't keep them.

F
fishingfreak
it's really confusing because if you look at the regs it states from Bouy 10 to the Wauna powelines its open 7 days a week and from Wauna powerlines to Bonneville it is Thursday, Friday, and saturday only. When I talked to ODFW yesterday he said it was open 7 days a week but the website contradicts what he said. The Heck with it I think I will just go Steelhead and bass fishing.

M
Moe
Yeah, the regulations are pretty confusing, and some of the people picking up the phones don't even know wat they are talking about. So my advice is, unless you get good info, which you will from other fellow offers, about the regulations, just go for the bass and steelies.

Tight lines!

M
Marvin's Guide Service
yes you can fish there! but only keep sturgeon Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

B
boberdown
guidem said:
yes you can fish there! but only keep sturgeon Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

yes thur fri sat, and they only have to be 38'' long

F
fishingfreak
Thanx, Guys. I have not been out there but i am going on Saturday evening. So it should be the fork length of 38" to 54". Got it. Thanks again,
LA

T
troutmasta
fishingfreak said:
Can anyone tell me if I can fish for Sturgeon this weekend between 205 and the Sandy River? My Niece and Nephew want me to take them Tomorrow. The Regs are confusing but i think from odfw's website for new releases it is closed till May 22nd. Thanks for any input?
LA:shock:

Just put in above the falls in Newberg or Wilsonville. Retention seven days a week!!

F
fishingfreak
Thanks, Troutmasta, will do. You know any good spots up there PM me. Or should I just find a pull off on the side of the road?

F
frodog
Are you bank fishing or boat?

F
fishingfreak
Bank fishing!

F
frodog
There is a park near a ferry where I have seen guys fishin from the bank the hole there is 100ft. deep I have caught some sturgeon there. Sorry I dont know the name of the park or the ferry. good luck

D
Damn_Shaker
frodog said:
There is a park near a ferry where I have seen guys fishin from the bank the hole there is 100ft. deep I have caught some sturgeon there. Sorry I dont know the name of the park or the ferry. good luck

Is the ferry in salem? Brooks to be exact that cross to west salem. There are plenty of suckers and squaws here, but i could be wrong about sturgeon. If there are sturgeons i would love to fish here as it is close to my home.

F
frodog
No the ferry I was thinking of is closer to West-Linn or Lake Oswego I'm not sure Never drive a car around these parts just my boat but it is down stream from the boat launch in willsonville.