Sturgeon closed?

R

rog_lewis

Is Sturgeon fishing closed on the Willamette until Oct?

B

beaverfan

It is illegal to retain sturgeon until Oct. However you can catch and release all you want.

S

SDfisher

How about the multnomah channel is it legel there. I was planning on going for sturgeon on Wed. out there.............

B

beaverfan

Yup you can catch and release there. You can catch and release on the Columbia as well.

S

SDfisher

So were now a days can you keep the ones you catch???

H

HANKIII

Also when it does open back up you can only keep them thursday,fridays and saturdays.......

S

Seon

Puget Sound and California

No Sturgeon here in CA...at least it's far and few between. Not like up there :lol::D

I fished your area last June on the Columbia and had a blast. I can't wait to get back up there for more Sturgeon fishing ;)

J

JTLunker

No Sturgeon here in CA...at least it's far and few between. Not like up there :lol::D

I fished your area last June on the Columbia and had a blast. I can't wait to get back up there for more Sturgeon fishing ;)

I have heard that the Sacramento River has a good population of White Sturgeon. Is this false?

S

Seon

I have heard that the Sacramento River has a good population of White Sturgeon. Is this false?

Yes they're here but not as abundant as up there. IMO they're harder to catch due to their very light tap..you only have a split second to set the hooks otherwise they're gone oppose to a hard hit that's up there.

Last edited: