Sturgeon bank access

S
solution7
I live in Mcminnville and looking for suggestions for any bank access even an hours drive if I have to.. Bait suggestions and rigging would help. I am borred waiting for steelies to arrive, and want to catch a gator for the first time really bad!

F
Fishtopher
George Rogers, Mary S. Young, Rohr, Willamette, Oaks(hehe), and lots of other parks in between. Deli Squid, pickled smelt (pickled anything, even maybe a pickle), roll mop herring, sand shrimp, night crawlers are all good baits.

Lots of rigging suggestion a few pages back.

S
solution7
I see a He He next to oaks is that a bad one? and by rogers is that rogers landing in newberg? Thanks for the info

F
Fishtopher
Just upriver from Oaks, about 20 yds down river from the Sellwood bridge there are signs warning about the sewage overflow during heavy rainfall.

George Rogers here in...I dont know, maybe Portland...or Lake Oswego...or is it Johns Landing...or is Johns Landing IN Portland...I dont know for sure. I do know: not the one in Newberg. I havent really fished for Sturgeon above Rock Island Slough area, right off 99 between OC and Canby.

C
cbrimhall
solution7 said:
I see a He He next to oaks is that a bad one? and by rogers is that rogers landing in newberg? Thanks for the info

The roger's being refered to is George Rogers park in Lake Oswego. It's a nice park with a little beach you can set up on. I've caught plenty of bass at the mouth of the creek there, and I've seen guys sturgeon fishing from the bank. Consult a navigational chart for that section of the river before you go and look for depressions or slight changes in the river bottom if you can find one that detailed.

T
The Nothing
There's good sturgeon bank fishing all over. George Rodgers Park (or better yet, right NEXT to the park, rather than in it), Meldrum Bar area if you have the casting distance, Elk Rock Island, Rivervilla Park, Cedar Oak launch, Foothills/Rahr Park, Powers Marine Park, Sellwood Riverfront Park... the list goes on.

As for the sewage issue, that's the Willamette for ya...