Sturdiness of drift boat seats

freednog

I'm in the market for some new drift boat seats. I have the cheaper plastic folding seats, but one of them fails if you lean back too hard. The hinge pin pops out (not a rivet). My wife was relaxing with her feet up on the bow when a wave from a motor boat rocked us and the seat came apart and she fell on my foot rest, leaving a nasty scar. Even when I keep after it, the pin comes out on people and it's not pleasant.

I've been looking at the Tempress seats (both standard and high-back) and they seem to be well regarded. Are there any other seats that folks would recommend for passengers looking to relax as well as fish?

Aervax

Most Featured
I have a couple of heavy duty heavily padded boat seats I bought for my drift boat and never got around to putting them on it. I'm into the pair for around $280. I'd sell them for lots less than that if you're interested. I'll take pics and post them.

Aervax

Most Featured
Both seats were still in the original boxes and packaging until I took them out just now for pics. I never got around to mounting them for a variety of reasons, but I'm not bothering with them now because my better half increased our pack to 2 people and 3 dogs. Bench seats are the only option for a throng that size. The original receipt showing purchase price of $329 was still attached to one of the boxes. It is included for price verification, more money than I recalled. I'm willing to part with them for 60% off retail/$130 total for the pair. They are Attwood Marine Classic seats. Heavy duty. Should do the trick for most boaters. A pic of the fold attachment and mounting machine screw holes is included.

Attachments

• 20200724_194340.jpg
    20200724_194340.jpg
    634.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200724_194354.jpg
    20200724_194354.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200724_194414.jpg
    20200724_194414.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200724_194430.jpg
    20200724_194430.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200724_194618.jpg
    20200724_194618.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 12

Aervax

Most Featured
PRICE ADJUSTMENT to $100: After a good night sleep I see that pricing on this was not correct. I must have ordered some other things on that invoice. So, corrected total for the seats is $260, minus 60% = $100 for the pair. Of course, that price will not be offered indefinitely. On OFF you have first option. I will be advertising the pair for $160 on other sites.

Aervax

Most Featured
Eric, may I have the second right of refusal? Do you still live in The Dalles? Tony
Hi Tony. I'm actually on the border of Mosier, so around 20 miles closer than TD. A guy in Portland is interested in them for $175 through Craigslist. He wants me to bring them to him though. Remind me, where are you based?

freednog

Thanks for the offer Eric. That's a screaming deal but my co-owner has strong feelings about some specific seats.

Aervax

Most Featured
Thanks for the offer Eric. That's a screaming deal but my co-owner has strong feelings about some specific seats.
No worries. That's cool. I have multiple offers on the seats. They'll get sold.

Please let us know what you buy and how they work out.

freednog

Bought one at Fisherman's but had to order the other. It's a substantial upgrade over the current seats. Makes me wish I got a chance to kick back in them. Need to get my kids to start rowing more.