Striper fishin!!!!

S
striperfear
does anybody here fish for stripers on the smith or the umpqua???

M
mosd
striperfear said:
does anybody here fish for stripers on the smith or the umpqua???

ive heard of stripers being caught in the smith, and i kindof know where to go over there... sorry for the loooooooooon delay, ill prob head over there in march

S
sportyguy66
Does anyone know where I could use My Custom Striper Plugs to Catch the Stripers

M
Mad dog
sportyguy66 said:
Does anyone know where I could use My Custom Striper Plugs to Catch the Stripers

You might try Coos Bay or the Coquille tidewater.

C
CoastieFlo
Its mostly a nighttime game, and most people use live bait in tidewater (at least on the Smith/Umpqua). And its very hush-hush :)

S
sportyguy66
Best time for us when I lived in Cali was Early Morning before the sun Came up. S

• sportyplugs006sol.jpg
T
TTFishon
sportyguy66 said:
Best time for us when I lived in Cali was Early Morning before the sun Came up. S

Nice!!!

M
mosd
ya ive heard any kindof of storm or rapala plug that resembles a sea run cutthroat, there fav food to chop on

N
nwkiller
<------- is biting at the bit to get one

X
XFactorTackle
I have some customers that fish for Stripers, they use big soft plastic baits that resemble eels and nail some pretty big fish. Stop by or call Elkton Bait and Tackle in Elkton and talk with Darrell, he should know when and where to fish for Stripers down that way. 541-584-2248

I'm pretty sure late in March and through April is when fishing is really good but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
thanks Xfactor

X
XFactorTackle
My pleasure. Let us know how you do.

N
nwkiller
i will, im planning a trip as we speak (type).....

F
Fishermen Jim
I want to try for stripers! Last summer fishing at Sawyer Rapids I inadvertantly caught a striper right at the main falls, what a blast the fight was bring it in. Blew me away, I had no idea what I had caught sense I never seen on before. The dang thing hit on a large white grub and I was using a 5ft ultra light with 6lb line. Odd weekend also caught a hatchery jack salmon along the falls on a small silver and white rooster tail.

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
Today's newspaper said they are starting to come into the tidewater now.

M
mosd
hmm thats promising... might have to give it a whirl on sat just for sh*** an giggles

T
Throbbit _Shane
mosd said:
hmm thats promising... might have to give it a whirl on sat just for sh*** an giggles

what river? and will u have a open seat? :D

good luck!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Opps double post lol

N
nwkiller
nice

M
mosd
dunno what rive, since both of em dump into reedsport... prob give that guy at elkton bait n tackle a call to find out for sure... ya im sure ill have a open seat avaliable but just debating still for sat since i might head up to portland sun to fish for early springers???????