Stranger to the Rogue

D
DriftOR
I am going to be visiting the Rogue River this week and hoping to get some info from the locals. I am thinking about floating from Valley of the Rogue state park, and pulling out at Coyote Evans or Savage Rapids. I am looking for a shuttle service, and any reports from that area would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

E
eat, sleep, fish
The river is very high and pretty off color in that stretch. It's also not looking any better this week with more showers in the forecast. The hatchery to Elk Creek has been producing a lot of fish lately though. It will pretty much be your only bet unless the forecast is wrong and we don't get too much runoff from the snow melt.

D
DriftOR
Thanks for the info. I'll be headed back there on the 15th, so maybe I'll hold off on dragging my boat with me this trip.

S
Snapper Slapper
It's high,fast, snow melt colored in Grants Pass area.Higher in the Shady Cove-Elk Crk-Fish Hatchery area would definitely be more better.Gud luck 2 ya

E
eat, sleep, fish
As I was doing the dishes this morning I watched a drift boat fishing (I live right across the river from Valley of the Rogue). They were pretty much fishing in the bushes with the high water, but people are trying that stretch nonetheless . If you've got the time definitely hit that upper run though. All the fish Shane and Phil have been posting have been coming from there.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Id still bring your boat. The upper stretch isn't bad to run. If you do bring it and have a open seat let me know!

D
DriftOR
Thanks for all the info guys! Shane I'll let you know if I'm gonna make a run, it's always good to have a local in the boat!

C
colbypearson
i would try using a 3" soft plastic salamander swim bait. Red with blue sparkles and a fluorescent orange tail the springers love it when you yank it past their face!

IM SORRY LOL HAD TO THROW THAT OUT THERE

Last edited:
S
skunk
colbypearson said:
i would try using a 3" soft plastic salamander swim bait. Red with blue sparkles and a fluorescent orange tail the springers love it when you yank it past their face!

HAHHAHAHAhA! Nice one.

R
RunWithSasquatch
colbypearson said:

It was mandatory, giving the circumstances.