Storm

B
bigsteel
has anyone had success with these soft body lures,,,i saw a guy at walter wirth pull a nine pounder out yesterday on one of these....i think it was the 3 inch shad

M
Mike123
So you posted this in the trout forum so I assume your talking trout then???

But you said 9lber. sooo??? Bass???

I know the soft shad, herring, and gobies work awesome on saltwater salmon and bottom fish!!

I've thought about trying the wildeye swim shads in rainbow trout color for Brown trout up at East lake... but have yet to test them out.

B
bigsteel
my bad it was a brood trout they planted

G
GDBrown
Brood trout

Brood trout

bigsteel said:
my bad it was a brood trout they planted

I wonder if that would work at Lost lake in the coast range. I know they put some brood stock in there earlier this fall. I have never seen one come out though.

GD

B
bigsteel
ill bet it would,,,he was only castin 10 to 15 feet,,and it just lit that storm up:lol::lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
Yes they work

Troutski
Troutski
Out lawed...

Out lawed...

Be careful where you use them in Oregon, they work so well they (ODFW) have some restrictions on usage.
Trout, Steelhead and of course Bass love them. I have a very interesting one I use for giant Trout in Central Oregon in the late Spring and early Fall. The Browns in Central inhale them.

Chuck

B
bigsteel
troutski i am interested in your interesting one:):)

C
chris61182
Troutski said:
Be careful where you use them in Oregon, they work so well they (ODFW) have some restrictions on usage.

More specifically they're soft plastic and shouldn't be used anywhere there's a bait ban.

Troutski
Troutski
Castic...

Castic...

bigsteel said:
troutski i am interested in your interesting one:):)

Castic Rainbow Trout 9", and the Thin Shad 4"... Great lures for most species I target.

Chuck

W
wormosa
Troutski said:
Castic Rainbow Trout 9", and the Thin Shad 4"... Great lures for most species I target.

Chuck
the rapala shad ones?