stonefly.. !!

T
troutfisherman
i just wanted to tell you all that a salmon fly hatch happind yesterday ! i got off work about 530 and headed down to the mecca flats places at 600pm ! so im ganna go down there today to check it out to see if they hatch around the same time ! :pray: ill keep you guys updated see if they are crawling around !!!

Last edited:
S
steelhead_slayer
they were flying around all over maupin this weekend. the fish were just starting to key in on them

S
skunk
Thanks for the heads up.

L
lilsalmon
sweet...we wont be there til the 27th tho...

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
sweet...we wont be there til the 27th tho...

they should be in full force by then! you need to make a vid for me of those things swarming everywhere :lol:

F
FlyBum
Man those things bight like hell LOL or is that the fish when they finally key in on the "Flying Cheeseburgers" Was at Mecca the other week but they weren't crushing the bugs yet. The water has been some what of an issue but last year was still good and this year should be too. Don't let it stop you from pounding it. If it's not on yet swing a golden back into the bank, no real need to cast more than 15 feet out as most these fish will be in a little tighter with levels like this. The water is not prime but that may only keep people off it so if you get lucky like we did the other week you will have nearly the whole place to yourself.

Well here's a little water info for you about the Lower D and the Deschutes Basin:

Lower D
USGS Real-Time Water Data for USGS 14092500 DESCHUTES RIVER NEAR MADRAS, OR

Oh ya, this is a kicka$$ weather site too
WeatherSpark | Weather Graphs, Maps & More

Cheers
-Jake