Stolen Drift Boat

B

BobbiDollPDX

CANBY -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding a drift boat and trailer that were reported stolen Tuesday from the Knights Bridge boat ramp.

The boat's owner, Mike Lostritto of Canby, said he had parked his Ford Expedition at the boat ramp, around 9:30 a.m. with the drift boat in tow.

"I pulled in to scout out the river because I'd never drifted it before," Lostritto said. "So I parked and hiked down to the water to look around. I was gone maybe a half hour, but when I got back it was gone."

The boat trailer had been unhitched from the Expedition.

Lostritto described the boat as a 2002 Diamondback drift boat, 15 feet, 8 inches long, silver and blue, with Oregon boat registration stickers 738-AAZ. It was on a black Baker trailer.

Together, the boat and trailer are valued at $6,000.

Detective Jim Strovink, Clackamas County Sheriff's Office spokesman, urged anyone with information about the boat's whereabouts or the incident to call the sheriff's confidential tip line at 503-723-4949. Confidential text messages can be sent to CRIMES (274637 on a cell phone keypad), with the keyword "CCSO" as the first word in the message.

9743878-large.jpg

Canby man reports drift boat, trailer stolen from Knights Bridge boat ramp | OregonLive.com

J

JeannaJigs

Retards. If you're going to steal a boat, steal an unidentifiable unregistered boat, like mine. Except don't, because I'll funking throw down if you jack my boat.

C

capblack

i hate thiefs!! i hope they get caught

Last edited:
H

halibuthitman

its my biggest wet dream that someone steals all my boats and gear and I have to re-outfit with an insurance claim... where is my hero?

R

R&M Boatsaleslady

Call Chuck Norris,quick! :)

If your all going back that far how about charles bronsen! or magnum PI LOL

Good job Bobbi I am going to post that on my site for all my guys to keep a look out as well! ") Thank you for gettting that info we need to keep a eye out for one another ah! :)

F

fredaevans

its my biggest wet dream that someone steals all my boats and gear and I have to re-outfit with an insurance claim... where is my hero?

Not quite there (all gear) but having lost $1,500'ish dollars out of my fishing partners Jeep (spey rod/two pricie reels) you REALLY don't want to go there with your insurance company. My insurance carrier, since 1986**, is USAA. Put in the claim ($500 deductable), gave them all the info they needed (Custom built rod by ACR/Gary Anderson, custom reels by SpeyCo, police report number .. etc., and etc).

Find out a couple of weeks later they (USAA claims) had called ALL OF THEM to confirm (yes, even the Jackson County Sheriff). 'Surrf' confirmed the Police report, ACR that he had built the rod, and a replacement on order - and everyone here in the Valley was aware of the theift, - and Speyco that he'd built me several reels and I'd ordered replacements for the 'lost ones.'

Kids, you loose equipment ... they don't believe you.

** For context, in 24 years that was the second claim against my HO policy. The other was wind damage .... that the 'adjuster' looked and just said "Oh Boy!" Job done.

Last edited:
R

R&M Boatsaleslady

WEll some

WEll some

Not quite there (all gear) but having lost $1,500'ish dollars out of my fishing partners Jeep (spey rod/two pricie reels) you REALLY don't want to go there with your insurance company. My insurance carrier, since 1986**, is USAA. Put in the claim ($500 deductable), gave them all the info they needed (Custom built rod by ACR/Gary Anderson, custom reels by SpeyCo, police report number .. etc., and etc).

Find out a couple of weeks later they (USAA claims) had called ALL OF THEM to confirm (yes, even the Jackson County Sheriff). 'Surrf' confirmed the Police report, ACR that he had built the rod, and a replacement on order - and everyone here in the Valley was aware of the theift, - and Speyco that he'd built me several reels and I'd ordered replacements for the 'lost ones.'

Kids, you loose equipment ... they don't believe you.

** For context, in 24 years that was the second claim against my HO policy. The other was wind damage .... that the 'adjuster' looked and just said "Oh Boy!" Job done.
This is only a few insurance companies that work against you, I have Mark at bensen insurance and he is part of my network because he saves my customers money if they say the boatlady sent them. I have never had a problem never had is doubt laid out on any thing I claimed. Nor have I heard of my customers having issues infact I have seen them pay out double the value of the boats before when my customers have had replacement value insurance! That is the KEY With boats, I warn everyone to get it and not the depriciated value it makes the differance between happy boaters and not! Also if you do buy a new boat it's a no brainer to just change the water impeller it is the life blood of you boat.... ")
The Boatlady!
OH
Call Mark , Toby or Alan Today and save tomorrow!
PH: 503-747-0341

Last edited:
F

fredaevans

USAA is the second highest (Consumer Reports) rated 'insurance' company in the US, but I'm beginning to scratch my head. As in time to change? Where's the Agent(s) located and whom do they represent?

Fred

R

R&M Boatsaleslady

USAA is the second highest (Consumer Reports) rated 'insurance' company in the US, but I'm beginning to scratch my head. As in time to change? Where's the Agent(s) located and whom do they represent?

Fred
Howdy Fred, I hate to hear horror stories of insurances so I actually go out looking for the good guys to give their info to my customers/friend what ever and I know of two that when you put in a claim no problem heck one person told me the story of farmers even helping with a medical marijuanna patients with recovery of medicine that blew me away, but my guys are in Lake oswego and rep of Alstate. You can call Mark, Toby or Alan there
PH: 503-747-0341 Or you can call Farmers gal Named Jodee West in Clackamas at 503-655-1034 Both these companies I have experience on one side of the fence or another and have taken such good care of my customers I advertise for them for free in some of my adverts. Oh man I got in my first wreck ever this year and damn Alan was amazing.
Take care and happy journeys!

J

JKham

This story makes me so mad. I hate thieves! I cannot believe they took the boat off the truck hitch and hooked it on their vehicle all in the middle of the day. I'll keep my eyes open whenever I go. I hope these guys get caught.

F

fredaevans

This story makes me so mad. I hate thieves! I cannot believe they took the boat off the truck hitch and hooked it on their vehicle all in the middle of the day. I'll keep my eyes open whenever I go. I hope these guys get caught.

We should get so lucky. And thanks for the info (two posts up) I'll call them tomorrow.

fae

G

GDBrown

Boat Insurance

Boat Insurance

Man I hate to hear that someone has lifted your boat! That was a brazen theft to do in broad daylight and I'll bet it was more than one person doing it, too.

I've had one claim on my homeowners for an outboard motor theft and Allstate paid it with no questions asked other than what size was the motor. Great service and since that motor was no longer made I received the amount of a replacement minus my deductible. It was parked next to my home and the trailer was locked to a tree.

However, since it yours was stolen from the back of your vehicle I'm not sure how that will work, does it have to be boat insurance or is it covered under your vehicle policy? I'll have to look into that with my Allstate agent.

Now I always lock my trailer hitch to the vehicle, the boat trailer to the hitch, the boat to the trailer and the motor to the boat! Seems like overkill but it is cheaper than the deductible.

C

chrisohm

Banned User
Fortunately, the same people who stole that boat are most likely stupid enough to use it again or sell it near the Canby area. They give Canby a bad name, as if it had a good one! Most of them even have friends in rural areas and can hide stuff. A bit of advice from someone who lives in Canby, do not put a boat in at Knights Bridge road without a buddy. There are way too many shady people over there and no police checks ever. Go to Canby Pond or the state park. I have found numerous makeshift shelters and other riff raff down there while hiking around and fishing. Even when I park there to do some fishing I feel eyes on my stuff as if it won't be there when I get back. Then you have all the trespassers who fish the bass ponds by Canby Pond and the teenagers drinking beer and doing whatever else leaving their darn garbage all over. Thieves and disrespect, sounds like big business and politics....

J

jathrtn

Sorry to hear about the stolen drifter, that really sucks! I wouldnt be to happy if my boat got lifted. Even if a person has insurance it still sucks. Hope everything works out.

R

R&M Boatsaleslady

What I believe is that once you hook a boat up to your truck you have liability on it thus the item is faceted to the truck. Though even if you have full coverage the boat is liability only! Now REPLACEMENT Boat insurane would cover the whole damn thing except the deduct. Now if the motor was just laying in the back of the truck I believe that would be considered a home owners policy because it is not faceted to the truck.

S

strawberry shortcake

I'm all for padlocking. It's one extra step, costs little compared to the original equipment, and tells would be thieves that you did not just fall off the turnip truck. I know you are out there and I have prepared for you. The padlock is the LEAST lethal thing I have with me when I'm out and about.

Top Bottom