Stolen drift boat oars

P
plumb2fish
Some low life stole my oars from in front of my house. They are aluminum shafted Carlisle 9' shaft covers are yellow and very weather checked. one of the stops is broken and was held in place with a large hose clamp.Please keep your eyes peeled and pm me if you happen to see em. thanks

J
JeannaJigs
That bites! people around this town are ridiculous. I had one of my crappy wooden beat to hell spares stolen. Just ONE...both were on the side of the house. Probably the same damn people that smashed the window out of my car in November, to steal a single dollar. Yep. One dollar...when I had hundreds of dollars of my steelhead gear loaded in the back seat.

P
plumb2fish
yea, my mother in-law passed away on friday and i didn't take them out of the boat in the confusion.Noticed they were gone this am. they left a tackle box full of salmon gear worth probably twice what the oars were worth. thank god my rods were not there.

T
Thuggin4Life
Man that sucks. I am on craigslist all the time so I'll keep a look out. thing with them being aluminum they may have ended up at the scrap yard.

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
Man that sucks. I am on craigslist all the time so I'll keep a look out. thing with them being aluminum they may have ended up at the scrap yard.

More than likely, if they didn't take any fishing gear..they were looking for quick scrap money. Yay for tweakers.

J
JeannaJigs
Ya know...I never take mine out of my boat, and maybe I should. Normally, I keep it covered with a tarp and 20 million tie downs, so it's not really easily accessible. I'd be pretty angry if my oars were stolen. Fortunately, they're a graphite composite so they have no scrap value...but they cost me more than half of what my boat and trailer cost combined.

J
JeannaJigs
and sorry to hear about your mother in-law

P
plumb2fish
thanks jeanna

T
Thuggin4Life
Somehow i missed that. I am sorry for your loss. and i haven't seen any oars for sale on cl.

P
plumb2fish
thanks andy