Stolen boat!! *please view* Not a member's boat!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
From another site, keep an eye out!

Came home from work today to find someone had backed down my driveway in Yakima and stole my 21ft Alumaweld Super Vee Pro. I don't know if they took it to part it out or if they just REALLY needed to do some springer fishing. Anyway if all of you who fish Drano, the Wind and the other areas of the NW could please keep an eye out I would be very appreciative. It is a 2002 White 1/2 paint. What makes this boat a little unique is that the big motor is a Mercury 250HP two stroke blue stripe (saltwater). I've not seen many, if any boats the year and color of mine with a 250HP on them. It is also equipped with a 9.9HP kicker. It also only has two of the four seats mounted in it. Thanks for your help.

J
JeannaJigs
OHhhhh I'd have to kill a person if that was my boat and it went missing!

O
OnTheFly
Hey, isn't that the boat Dude Young just bought? (Just kidding.) That's terrible. Too bad the hull numbers aren't posted.

T
Thuggin4Life
Wow, thats pretty ballsie to even try to steal a boat that big from someones house. I would tell the guy to canvas the nirghtborhood. sounds like a well plotted and scoped out plan. so they probably were frequently driving by to figure out the schedule of the house. Hopefully he has homeowners insurance.

H
hick
Find a tall tree for those BAS%#%^*!!

F
fishkiller
I know it's a recession and financing is tight but man that sucks. I know it will turn up hopefully before they strip it. What idiots to think they can get away with stealing a boat that size. Keep us informed and I hope it all works out.

T
troutmasta
fishkiller said:
I know it's a recession and financing is tight but man that sucks. I know it will turn up hopefully before they strip it. What idiots to think they can get away with stealing a boat that size. Keep us informed and I hope it all works out.

Ill keep an eye out for sure. Karma is a *****. Caught red handed by a fellow angry fisherman (such as myself) could turn out a little worse for em then karma. F#@$% thieves.

B
bigdog
That's a harsh move for someone to pull. hope they find it soon that's a nice boat for sure.

CJ

troutdude
troutdude
Good time to make sure you all have pics of your own boats, and records of your hull numbers, etc.

Let's form a posse! Who's got a rope???

M
mosd
d*&m, thats a BIG motor, wish my boat could handle that big of a motor.

ya i too worry about that all the time. cause my boat is parked out in front of my house, but i have a neighbor that keeps a good eye out on my boat that and he has one of his security cameras pointed at it, that an i got about 2 locks on the hitch, one on the trolling motor, one on the kicker, not worried about them them walking off with the 150hp motor, 2 locks on the wheels. that an have full coverage insurance too....

now that im thinking about:think:, id be mad as all hell if someone walked off with my boat:mad:

H
hick
troutdude said:
Good time to make sure you all have pics of your own boats, and records of your hull numbers, etc.

Let's form a posse! Who's got a rope???

:mad::mad:
When we ridin? I Found that tall tree for'em!:)

A
autofisher
Umm, Just trying to play devil's advocate. What if the boat wasn't stolen, and say the guy forgot to make a couple payments? Not saying that this is what happened, but it is a possibility. There were plenty of times when I was a repo man that we'd have to back down a driveway somewhere out in the middle of nowhere and pick up a boat when someone wasn't home. Let's not go gettin all "regulator" until we have all the facts. If the boat did get stolen, I feel for the guy. I'd be one of the first people to jump in the fray. It's just not that typical for someone to go out to the boonies and swipe a boat.

C
capblack
ive got a rope, and a tree

Admin
Admin
capblack said:
ive got a rope, and a tree
:naughty::naughty::naughty:

As autofisher said - it's not a fact that a boat was stolen. I remember a post about stolen gear from a car, followed by a post the next day that it was someone (father?) who decided to teach him a lesson. The gear was returned, the lesson was learned. Now imaging how the person would feel if he would read all the comments about a tree & a rope. What would he think of the OFF & the OFF'ers?

If the boat got stolen, let the competent guys deal with the situation. They know better what to do and how to punish accordingly to a crime. Let's not go back in time to the Lynch era.

P.S. Of course if I (and I hope anyone who read this as well) see the boat - I will call the big Po without thinking.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
The big Po haha....

H
hick
I've had a boat and a car stolen out of my driveway. I lived in the boonies. It happens and i have a special place in my heart for thieves. Nuf said

C
capblack
you know Id never really hang a person for stealing a boat... probably:cool:
Anatoliy said:
:naughty::naughty::naughty:

As autofisher said - it's not a fact that a boat was stolen. I remember a post about stolen gear from a car, followed by a post the next day that it was someone (father?) who decided to teach him a lesson. The gear was returned, the lesson was learned. Now imaging how the person would feel if he would read all the comments about a tree & a rope. What would he think of the OFF & the OFF'ers?

If the boat got stolen, let the competent guys deal with the situation. They know better what to do and how to punish accordingly to a crime. Let's not go back in time to the Lynch era.

P.S. Of course if I (and I hope anyone who read this as well) see the boat - I will call the big Po without thinking.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
Seen a boat in Springfield today during work...almost did a uee on "Q" street and chased the rig for a mile....motor was a 200 h.p. Sorry about your loss....Fred:think:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Update!

Well, it's been over two weeks now since some dirtbag backed down my driveway and took off with my Super Vee Pro. Here's what's happened since..Long story short. Ifish member Spinnerman PM'ed me a few days after the theft about a 250hp outboard he saw advertised on craigslist out of Bend, OR...very curious since the number in the ad was a Yakima area cell #. I passed the info along to law enforcement and set up a meeting with the seller near Portland. Sure enough the serial # matched and they arrested a couple of guys for possession of stolen property. Haven't got the motor back yet (cops have it) but it is said to be in good shape. Based on that arrest, police then served a search warrant on a house in Yakima, not too far from mine, and found a number of items that were in the boat. Haven't got those back yet either. But no sign of the boat, kicker motor or the trailer. The guy that was caught trying to sell the big motor is using a story that he had no idea it was stolen or the stuff they found in his garage. was stolen. He claims a friend of his gave it to him to sell. Based on everything they pulled out of the boat my guess is they were getting ready to cut it up for scrap aluminum, or did already...probably won't see it again. But I wanted to say thank you to all of you who've been keeping diligent watch for the boat. If it weren't for the Ifish nation I may not have been able to at least get some of my items back and send someone to jail for his involvement in the crime. I am indebted to you all and once I get myself re-boated I would be happy to share a days fishing with any of you.

What a bunch of idiots. Can you imagine someone in a garage somewhere cutting it into pieces?!?!

B
bigdog
That's some sad crap to have happen as it is but then to cut it up for scrap what they going to get $200 maybe $300. I'm not saying that it matters what they are going to get but what the hell.

CJ

Top Bottom