Stocking

B
bigsteel
read in the fishing report theyll be stocking ee this monday with brooders and trout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T
Troutcatcher
bigsteel said:
read in the fishing report theyll be stocking ee this monday with brooders and trout!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats ee

R
rainbowfisherman
I have a tube is the pond to small for that?

B
bigsteel
ee wilson pond,,,,im not sure about the tube ive never been there this will be my first outing there.......

R
rainbowfisherman
does the pond officialy open on monday? or just a stocking???

B
bigsteel
its open year round:dance::dance:

S
silkiechicken
bigsteel said:
its open year round:dance::dance:

EE Wilson Pond?

As far as I know from the rule book and the ODF recreation report:

E.E. WILSON POND: trout

Open Feb. 1 to Sept. 30. Stocked this week with 1,000 brook trout and next week with 500 legal size rainbow trout. This 8-acre pond is located within the E.E. Wilson Wildlife Management Area off highway 99W. It is stocked throughout the spring with legal-sized and larger trout.

troutdude
troutdude
EE Wilson stocking...

EE Wilson stocking...

Fellows,

First, this reservoir is NOT open "year round". According to the 2010 reg book, the opening day was yesterday, Feb. 1st. Therefore, it is closed for a least a while in the winter. If you fish in January, for example, you would get a hefty fine for fishing out of season!:(

Secondly, the stocking "hotline" indicates ONLY 500 8" - 10" fish will be stocked this week. NOT the 1,500 in the "weekly recreation report" that is posted online. (Yet another fine example of government inefficiency).

Thirdly, the hotline also currently says, "there will be NO more brood stocking" done in the entire NW region. They are apparently now done stocking any ultra huge brooders in ALL bodies of water. But, there will still be some holdovers from previous stockings.

Fourth, this is an 8 acre pond and is PERFECT for tubing. You can easily get into the lake on the "back side"...the NE corner near the creek that flows into the impoundment. I have tubed it myself. I either pull woolly buggers, or use Kastmaster wobblers with a good catch rate. An adjustable float (and bobber stop) and power bait works well too. Just change the depth until you find the "zone".

One more thing...I just called the stocking "confirmation" line. And they have NOT yet stocked EE Wilson this week. So, you might be wasting your time if you go out there today.

Good luck,

TD

R
rainbowfisherman
Would the fishing still be good early next week like monday or tuesday?

H
Hooked on fishin'
troutdude said:
Fellows,

First, this reservoir is NOT open "year round". According to the 2010 reg book, the opening day was yesterday, Feb. 1st. Therefore, it is closed for a least a while in the winter. If you fish in January, for example, you would get a hefty fine for fishing out of season!:(

Secondly, the stocking "hotline" indicates ONLY 500 8" - 10" fish will be stocked this week. NOT the 1,500 in the "weekly recreation report" that is posted online. (Yet another fine example of government inefficiency).

Thirdly, the hotline also currently says, "there will be NO more brood stocking" done in the entire NW region. They are apparently now done stocking any ultra huge brooders in ALL bodies of water. But, there will still be some holdovers from previous stockings.

Fourth, this is an 8 acre pond and is PERFECT for tubing. You can easily get into the lake on the "back side"...the NE corner near the creek that flows into the impoundment. I have tubed it myself. I either pull woolly buggers, or use Kastmaster wobblers with a good catch rate. An adjustable float (and bobber stop) and power bait works well too. Just change the depth until you find the "zone".

One more thing...I just called the stocking "confirmation" line. And they have NOT yet stocked EE Wilson this week. So, you might be wasting your time if you go out there today.

Good luck,

TD
!

I went there today, and the people at the odfw office there said they put 2400 brook trout in last week, my wife and i both limited, 9 brookies and one hold over 'bow. The bite was on and people were catching fish all over the pond. The most action seemed to be in the middle, as a guy in a small raft was absolutely killin' em! Kastmasters and little cleo's chucked as far out as you can seemed to be the ticket

troutdude
troutdude
Nice!

Nice!

Thanks for the report, from someone who's actually been there!

I can't believe how stupid ODFW looks to me right now. There was NO mention anywhere of stocking it last week. Only thing on the online schedule is 500 trout THIS week. Then, they post the weekly recreation report and say 500 bows and 1500 brooks. Now, they tell you 2400 brooks. Plus, they went in LAST week!

What a bunch of morons! No one actually KNOWS what the hell is going on at ODFW...and the "real" and "heavy" stocking hasn't even begun! Dontcha just LOVE how hard they work to earn our tax $$$! Do they think that they're paid to make things as difficult as possible for the average dude?:mad:

OK. I'll get off my high horse now.

Thanks again for the report. Now, I know that it's time to head out tomorrow! :)

H
Hooked on fishin'
Wear your rain boots if you got 'em, its REALLY muddy on the banks, the gluey, suck your shoe OFF kind of mud! I saw one guy wearing his, and I wished I had! As it was I was glad I had high ankle waterproof hiking boots on! Good Luck, and I believe they "said" that they are stocking the 500 'bows Thursday. Also, on the recreation report, they do not update that info all the time, look in the upper left of the page and there is a date, its usually a week or two behind. No big surprise there!! Your best bet if you want to be there on or right after stocking is to go with the hatchery phone number. They actually put the fish in, so they should know when they stock. At least, you would think that they would know!! Makes you glad our fees are getting so high, huh?:cool:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Do the Brook trout taste the same as bows?

S
silkiechicken
troutdude said:
Thanks for the report, from someone who's actually been there!

I can't believe how stupid ODFW looks to me right now. There was NO mention anywhere of stocking it last week. Only thing on the online schedule is 500 trout THIS week. Then, they post the weekly recreation report and say 500 bows and 1500 brooks. Now, they tell you 2400 brooks. Plus, they went in LAST week!

What a bunch of morons! No one actually KNOWS what the hell is going on at ODFW...and the "real" and "heavy" stocking hasn't even begun! Dontcha just LOVE how hard they work to earn our tax $$$! Do they think that they're paid to make things as difficult as possiblfe for the average dude?:mad:

OK. I'll get off my high horse now.

Thanks again for the report. Now, I know that it's time to head out tomorrow! :)

Well, to cover their rears, they do say on their trout stocking schedules that stocking can occur any time of the week, and can change without notice... plus unscheduled stockings may occur...

troutdude
troutdude
Enjoying higher fees...ROTFL!

Enjoying higher fees...ROTFL!

Oh yeah...yep...you betcha...I just LOVE to pay higher license fees (i.e. taxation without representation). NOT! :naughty:

Thanks for the heads up on the mud bog.

Shane...I"m not sure about the taste of pellet fed brookies over their bow cuzin's...but, I DO indeed enjoy native brooks over bows. Other dudes may offer other opinions, but that's may .02 cents worth.

troutdude
troutdude
...and I ALWAYS rely on a combination of the stocking schedule AND MORE IMPORTANTLY the "confirmation hotline", for up to the minute reports. ;)