Stocked for Memorial Day yet?

F
Fisher.King
I read theres over 9000 trout being put in for memorial day (like his power level:lol:) and I was wondering if anyone has been to Leaburg above the dam today or this week and knows if they've been stocked yet?

troutdude
troutdude
You can call ODFW's stocking confirmation line to check:

971.673.6000. At first promt, press 2. Then, press 2 a second time.

Good luck.

P.S. If Leaburg isn't listed...you can try calling the McKenzie hatchery as well. Sometimes the hatcheries forget or haven't called ODFW yet.

F
Fisher.King
Thanks I'll try that, gotta remember that number now :)

troutdude
troutdude
You're welcome.

I have it programmed into my phone; and have used for a few years now. Works great!

(It's way better than seeing a stocking on the schedule--only to drive out there and find no fish!!!)

N
natro
I just called the McKenzie Hatchery, and the recording says that today (Wednesday) they put in 6,950 legal fish, and 2,250 larger fish. Also today they put in 1600 legals and 250 larger into Leaburg lake.

The Hatchery number is (541) 896-3294. Press #1 to listen to the stocking recordings.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
I tried fishing Leaburg in a tube once. Not my smartest decision!!!

But, drifting the flow in a boat would be really productive I'd bet.

N
natro
I forgot to say that the 6,950 legals and 2,250 larger fish were put in, in the upper McKenzie.

R
rippin fish lips
Fisher.King said:
I read theres over 9000 trout being put in for memorial day (like his power level:lol:) and I was wondering if anyone has been to Leaburg above the dam today or this week and knows if they've been stocked yet?

I don't know if they are putting 9,000 fish in the lake, i went there last weekend and they had stocked it on the 17th, well the (week of the 17th). In the evening i saw that the fish were near the top of the water so i decided to cast spinners and spoons (thomas, blue fox spinners) didn't hook any with the thomas so i put a number 3 spinner on and first cast, fish on! Landed about 20 trout some really nice ones! It was a nice 18 inches! I know that they are putting in probably about 6,000 in if i'm correct. i would check again but i'm too lazy and in school lol. Ill be out there either saturday or monday in my new pontoon boat i just got!! :) so stoked! give me and email and maybe we can meet up and ill show u what to fish and how and where! p.s. i'm new to this forum but b 4 i signed up i was always reading peoples threads!

-Go out and rip some fish lips! (RAIN OR SHINE!)

R
rippin fish lips
yes it is stocked! went out there today, i only managed to catch 5 trout, but a lot of ppl were limiting out that had like 3-4 ppl with them, they were fishing power bait, salmon eggs and me and this other guy were casting lures, a lot of fish in there! was packed tho!