Still too early for Coho?

S
SemperFly
Hey everyone,
New to the forums!

Just curious if anyone has been down to the creek lately and, if so, what does the water look like? I haven't been to EC much but I may be making the trek. Is it still too early for silvers?

troutdude
troutdude
In general, it's still early for 'nooks. And the coho's follow the 'nooks. So, it's still too early in most places...at least from what I've been reading, hearing and seeing.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

T
Troutier Bassier
they were in at this time last year. I guess with the recent rains there should be a few fish in bonnie lure.

Y
youngbuck307
what EC u talking about? and I alway think best way to find out is go look. always kinda nice to get out there befor the whole world knows! might not be as many fish but the ones that are havent had everything tossed at them yet

T
tnffishman
I was at bonnie lure yesterday and saw one fish at the bridge, nothing at all the entire way to the mouth. Need rain still, and make it snappy

B
bigdog
tnffishman said:
I was at bonnie lure yesterday and saw one fish at the bridge, nothing at all the entire way to the mouth. Need rain still, and make it snappy

No fish in the rivers yet hhhhmmm I don't know about that but like Youngbuck said man get out there and take a look for yourself. Even if they are in there in big numbers some people out there will tell you they aren't in hopes that it will leave more fish for them. Yeah like the Ho runs aren't large enough to get everyone in to fish. No I'm not saying anyone that has responded to this thread would do that but just people in general might. Oh well besides for that youngbuck guy lol

Oh and welcome to the forum hope you enjoy your stay with us.

CJ

S
SemperFly
Thanks. I was referring to Eagle Creek that connects to the Clackamas river. What is the point of coming to a forum if you aren't going to share information?

There were some jumpers at Bonnie Lure tonight. It was late, though, and I didn't have more than 15 minutes or so to throw gear at them.

B
bigdog
SemperFly said:
Thanks. I was referring to Eagle Creek that connects to the Clackamas river. What is the point of coming to a forum if you aren't going to share information?

There were some jumpers at Bonnie Lure tonight. It was late, though, and I didn't have more than 15 minutes or so to throw gear at them.

Not to sure what the point would be of coming to a forum if your not going to share info but they are out there. Maybe to get info but never to repay with info I don't know. If you saw some jumping at the bonnie then I would say hike it and go get some Ho's.

CJ

T
tnffishman
I swear I saw only the one, and a guy by the name of Osmosis:shock: will back me up, he was down there too. Well I heard fish moved in yesterday:rolleyes: So I guess I need to head up... NOW! I'll let you know how I did, unless I catch too many;) jk

T
tnffishman
I started a new thread but I promised to let you know how I did so here ya go

troutdude
troutdude
Are those Springers, or actually Fall Ho's?

It would be a bit strange, if they are Coho...just cuz the Fall Nooks ain't even upstream yet. And the coho follow the nooks (or so I have been told).

Just wondering...

B
bigdog
No them are Coho, the river sytem he is fishing doesn't even get a fall nook run and the sandy is full of coho now to.

M
mgdguy
Definitely Hos. Nice ones too! :clap:

R
Rascal
I fished the bridge today and didn't see any roll or anything. Im thinking they are just on the move and were not held up like usual

B
bigdog
I was there early this morning saw a couple rols but nothing in big numbers. There is a good amount down at the mouth but them could be ones getting ready to shoot up river and not even be heading up that creek.

T
tnffishman
Rascal said:
I fished the bridge today and didn't see any roll or anything. Im thinking they are just on the move and were not held up like usual

There were 10 at the bridge yesterday afternoon, it seems like they may not be checking up there this year as much. Which is fine by me