Still early for the S. Santiam?

C
Chedster
Looks like this weekend is going to be way to nice to sit inside and do schoolwork. I have never fished the Santiam and was thinking of checking it out for summer steel or even late winters. Is there decent bank access at Lebanon or should I head up farther? Thanks for the help.

K
Kodiak
Foster dam

Foster dam

There are a few fish scattered throughout the system, over the next few weeks the numbers will grow and fishing will get better. Your best access is going to be around sweet home and from meha up on the north fork.

C
Chedster
A few fish is better then no fish in my book! Thanks for the advice

M
Mike123
Still early...
I'd say it's gonna be 2 or 3 weeks.

C
capblack
I was out on the north fork yesterday morning, and the water is a little high. The winters are spread thin, and theres just now 600 summers over willamette falls, so there should be good fishing in a couple weeks. The water should be in good shape this weekend, but the fish will be few and far between. Good luck though, you have to be on the water to get a shot at them. But I think Ill try my luck at gp for some land lockers.

M
Mike123
Fished it today and yesterday.. nothin...
There is SMOLT galore in there! I'm goin to give it another week or two before I try it again.