Still Closed!!!

D
dangerranger
Anyone have an idea when Hebo is supposed to be open again? I was up there about two weeks ago it was still closed. There was a sign at the gate that said no foot or auto traffic. didn't walk down the path but you could see the lake from the road and it was full....... Used to be one of my favorites. Hopefully they open it back up soon

troutdude
troutdude
Hebo had some NICE cats in it. I hope that it still does.

It'll be stocked w/ 1,500 legal sized trout, the week of March 7. I would imagine that it would be open by then.

B
Bad Tuna
Cats? Just little yellow bullheads? Never caught anything but mush trout, kids would love some cats!

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. Cats. I was there w/ LiLSalmon and Bigsteel, last year the weekend before ODFW drained the lake. There were a couple of campers that had several decent cats, in a live trap. I'd say they were between 12 & maybe 15 inches each.

M
mastercaster
I am sure its old news but why did they drain the lake ? Never fished there but its been on my list for a few years . Thanks master caster

troutdude
troutdude
My understanding is, so ODFW could did some deeper pockets/pools to improve the habitat. Maybe they made some other improvements too.

You can always call / write ODFW, and they'll be glad to answer your questions.

Welcome to OFF.

B
bigcat1967
So do you guys know if hebo is still closed or not?

troutdude
troutdude
It opened up again, a couple of weeks ago.