Still a good day

B
bigdog
Well the most of the fish that were in the OFF hole seemed to move somewhere upstream. We set out to find them and ended up taking one heck of a hike to find the holes higher up.(Kirkster and myself)
Found some great spots but didn't seem to find the fish in them. Saw a well spent nook on the bank that some one had got but thet was about it for the day. Here are some pics of where we were.

fri9-6001.jpg

fri9-6002.jpg

fri9-6003.jpg

fri9-6004.jpg

Now on our way out got a site that was something eles.

fri9-6005.jpg

fri9-6006.jpg

Like I said no fish today but was a good day.

T
Troutier Bassier
Wow,
Thats on the Clackamas?
Jeez, Thats a nice looking Coho place?
Any coho swim up there in in Octobre?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Wow,
Thats on the Clackamas?

That is up up clack. Not many coho go that far up. Why would you come to the clack when you have the Sandy?

T
Troutier Bassier
isn't the Clack better then the Sandy?

G
GoneFishin2134
Looks like a fun day, good pictures! Thats around where we have been going, maybe a tad bit farther up too. Along the highway there is a fallen tree across a canyon. I saw a guy pull out 2 very nice steelies. Check it out? Cool Turkey bird.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
isn't the Clack better then the Sandy?

That will only be an opinion. People like Osmosis (Clack experts) will say the clackamas is "better" and people that fish the sandy will say the sandy is better... gosh, think of this stuff before you post it!

G
GDBrown
Which is Better?

Which is Better?

Won't it depend on the time of year and what fish are in the system on any given day. Some days the Sandy is too high and off color while the Clack will be fishable. Other days it will be the reverse.

The best river is the one that is yielding fish to you the day you're fishing it!

T
Troutier Bassier
I like GDBrown's "Opinion".

B
bigdog
FishSchooler said:
... gosh, think of this stuff before you post it!

You know I seem to remember a day when your younge little butt would ask something like that as well. No real reason to be like that to someone that is asking something I don't think you would like that. Don't they teach children manners in school these days.

F
FishSchooler
bigdog said:
You know I seem to remember a day when your younge little butt would ask something like that as well. No real reason to be like that to someone that is asking something I don't think you would like that. Don't they teach children manners in school these days.

I was going to add a smiley to "enhance" the joke but none of them would fit... maybe TB's "I will not post another joke online again" does make sense."
Its sure hard to tell sarcasm online... :think:

A
adambomb
FishSchooler said:
That will only be an opinion. People like Osmosis (Clack experts) will say the clackamas is "better" and people that fish the sandy will say the sandy is better... gosh, think of this stuff before you post it!

you two have your very own thread to bicker on now, isn't that enough?

M
mgdguy
adambomb said:
you two have your very own thread to bicker on now, isn't that enough?

Yea and didn't I tell you kids to take that stuff to PMs ;) :lol:

F
FishSchooler
mgdguy said:
Yea and didn't I tell you kids to take that stuff to PMs ;) :lol:

We tried. It wasn't as effective.

kirkster
kirkster
Coho count

Coho count

Troutier Bassier said:
Wow,
Thats on the Clackamas?

As we were hiking in from the gate we spoke with an employee with PGE and he said theres a fish ladder. which is up river from the hole your asking about. He told us as of Fri. sept.4 they had already counted 81 coho. which realy surprised me there was coho up that far already. So to try to answer your question ya coho should be there in October, but as far as how many will be there I have no idea. But the 81 already acounted for this early the numbers in October could be fairly high. Good luck.

S
SmallStreams
GDBrown said:
Won't it depend on the time of year and what fish are in the system on any given day. Some days the Sandy is too high and off color while the Clack will be fishable. Other days it will be the reverse.

The best river is the one that is yielding fish to you the day you're fishing it!

:think:

Wouldn't the best river be one that you don't mind being at regardless of whether the fish are biting?

G
GDBrown
Best River?

Best River?

smallstreams said:
:think:

Wouldn't the best river be one that you don't mind being at regardless of whether the fish are biting?

:cool:Yes!:think:

Here is a snippet from the previously mentioned PGE Web site.

Coho salmon
The Clackamas has two stocks of coho salmon. Early-run fish begin to enter the river in August, spawning in October and early November. Most of these fish, which run 5 to 10 pounds, are headed for Eagle Creek hatchery. There is good natural reproduction in lower river tributaries and in the upper Clackamas above North Fork Dam.

The late run coho are all wild fish. Most of them spawn above North Fork Dam. These fish are larger than the early run coho, averaging 8 to 12 pounds, with some up to 16 pounds. They enter the Clackamas from November through January and spawn from January to April.
-------------------------------------------------------
From this it sounds like all the early run are hatchery fish some of them just keep going upstream about the dam.

Or they were hatchery fish some of which are now breeding in the wild.:doh::wall:

Last edited: