• blackfly.jpg
Reactions: Admin
W
WanderingBlues
Beautiful chrome, man.

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Killer fish, man. Hood River?

We had a great time on the John Day last weekend. Nothin' like it.

J
JonT
pinkygonzales said:
Killer fish, man. Hood River?

We had a great time on the John Day last weekend. Nothin' like it.

I bet! This was Deschutes.

pinkygonzales
pinkygonzales
Killer. I'm hoping to get out there by the end of the month. Here's hopin'.

M
Midgie Hater
Beautiful! Deschutes you say? It'll be next season before I get down there now. Sadly my fly rods are still in transit from the UK so it looks like the season will end without me wetting a line.

That's some size of fly. Having lived and fished in Scotland for the last 26 years we would never (generally-speaking) use anything quite that big and bushy for our native brownies. Having said that, we fish the Daddy at the end of summer into the autumn (sorry, Fall. Still getting the lingo ;) ), and in the highlands some bushy, "buzzy" flies like bumbles can work very well at times, but in general ours seem to go for more subtle offerings.

M
montym
Les;

I am an Indian, been here for less than 2 years and I speak what people call British English. Accent is lousy but rest all Brit, at least that's what I like to think. You'd be amazed at the language gaps you can find here, someone bloody famous once said UK and US are "two nations divided by a common language". Look at how we use the word table for example, one senior chap I work with got all uppity when I said I'll table his favorite proposal. I thought I was prioritizing it, he thought I was putting it in the cold storage.

As far as fishing goes, for starters, most of the good folks here do not rate carp.. believe it or not.

Cheers
M