Oregon steelhead fishing 2010 - 2020

N
nwkiller
ya siletz is crushing it from what my freinds dad says, i just have no time to make that river anytime soon. but now the alsea i guess i just need to get up there and learns some zones...ive never fished it, but love the stories, so i need to do what any good fisher person would do....go fishing

P
plumb2fish
Floated lower stagecoach to tide. one head shake 2 smolts...heard of only 3 fish landed by over 20 boats in that section...slow

N
nwkiller
we need rain :pray:

J
JeannaJigs
But not 18 feet of it...

N
nwkiller
lol def not! 3ft will do

J
JeannaJigs
I actually want it to drop another foot...there's a sweet spot that only fishes at 5 and lower, and will produce everytime at that level. BUT THEN...it can come up a little bit, not 3 feet, definitely not, but, about a foot. just need a little fresh water movin' to get those lazy fish going.

N
nwkiller
i hear you i got 2 spots that fish will hang at when its just below 7.5

P
plumb2fish
Ever tried swinging spoons around m.p. 7? off stagecoach....deadly below 7'..as long as you are the first one there
The upper end of the motor cycle track is also awesome at 6 or lower if there is not a boat in it. Just make sure to get permission before you go down there. AND PACK OUT YOUR TRASH!!!!! so that we don't lose the opportunity to fish there.

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
yep :)

H
Halfthrive
Sat drifted Wildcat to Lindslaw caught two. Today did the same thing and caught two more. From what everyone else was saying I was the only person catching fish Sat and today.

P.S.
There was only two other boats and 1 bankie, nice.

N
nwkiller
nice work man, obviously u have something that works!!! keep it up, oh and some pic would be nice

H
Halfthrive
nwkiller said:
nice work man, obviously u have something that works!!! keep it up, oh and some pic would be nice

I usally do but most of the fish I'm catching are stinking 5-6 lb 2 salts. I just can't get myself to take a pic of a 4 lb steelhead.

N
nwkiller
lol, dont matter i bet there bright as hell!!

J
JeannaJigs
A steelhead is a steelhead...Who cares how big or small it is. I guess it's only cool these days to brag on the big ones on the internets though. Sigh.

N
nwkiller
lol

H
Halfthrive
JeannaJigs said:
A steelhead is a steelhead...Who cares how big or small it is. I guess it's only cool these days to brag on the big ones on the internets though. Sigh.

I don't know, I've caught some nasty steelhead that would scare some people if they saw a pic. Fungus covered, sore headed and stinky fish.

M
Mad dog
JeannaJigs said:

Exactly! Check this cool little 1 salt out! January 23rd we caught 2, one was this little hen that was no bigger than 18" and the other was a good lookin' little 20" buck. David released this little gal....couldn't bring himself to punch a 18" fish! We also caught a chrome bright Coho hen that day as well! Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread!
1_136268769770550_100001622820873_258848_3551897_n.jpg

Last edited:
S
skunk
Still a nice fish even if its a shortie.

T
Thuggin4Life
plumb2fish said:
I know all about that oblivious thing...Last time I saw Jeanna at Whittaker Creek I realized it was her when I got home..I usually try and keep to myself for the most part when on the river. Not intentionally rude, but not overly friendly either. I try and exchange pleasantries and will not hesitate to tell you what I'm using on the water and if it's been successful, but I am probably not going to come and seek you out to introduce myself unless we've fished in the same vicinity on more than one occasion.
And about the "stoned" thing...she freely admits being from Eugene...lol

thats funny i remember bumping into you and getting a quick fishing report as we passed and like 5 minutes later realizing that there was a really good chance that the person we just talked to was you.

J
JeannaJigs
Fished all up and down the river today. Apparently there are free range chickens on stage coach now. Discovered the answer to the question "why did the chicken cross the road?"---to inspect the tread of my tires. felt kinda bad, but there was fishing to be done. A mile down the road I throw in my line, and i hear a strange noise...I turn around and there's a giant rooster coming at me! All I see are giant claws and feathers! It was vicious an wouldn't go away. It knew what I did to it's girlfriend. Kept squawking and coming at me. I got in my jeep and it was still strutting around and squawking. If I had my gun, I'd have some fresh hackle feathers for jigs.

Oh and I got a nice little 6-7 pound native shortly after being attacked.

Last edited: