Steelhead reflections

F
fishnquest
We are heading for home tomorrow. I just want to say thank you to everyone here for your help. The steelhead quest for this neophyte has been tough, but great; what’s better than fishing? The experience is irreplaceable, I grow more confident and have more fun with every outing. Over the past 10 days, I fished the Sandy, the clack, and eagle creek. I probably know more about those waters than most folks in Portland (well, those that don’t fish anyway). How ironic that a local came to me yesterday on the bank at Clackamette park and asked me about fishing, cracks me up:lol:.
AA, Kodiak, chris, meluv, et al; it was great to meet all of you and all you other 10%ers, I really did learn a lot, and I will get’em, dammit!
Went to the show last Thursday: just fantastic. The fly fishing techniques I learned there made the trip worthwhile in itself, what a score! I can put that fly where and when I want now; irreplaceable at home on the eel where my buddy and I have been fishing (started just this year) 2-3 times a week; just wait ‘till he gets a load of me now, lol.
We are leaving a brand new perfect baby grandson (our first), our daughter, and her husband (he having grown up in Kodiak, Alaska, we are growing very close…:cool:)
God bless, good luck to all, go get one for me.
As Arnold once said “I’ll be back…”

F
Fishtopher
Right on man! Glad you enjoyed yer stay! Stuff sure is addicting huh;)?! Even if yer not catchin':D...Well, come on back soon!....

B
bigdog
Glad you had a good time wish we could have met up maybe next time.

Troutski
Troutski
Don't be a stranger...

Don't be a stranger...

Well now that you are home, don't be a stranger. Heck we can still learn from one another, and post pictures of our catches...glad you enjoyed our state, you must come back and claim your Steelhead.

Chuck

K
Kodiak
Thank you

Thank you

I hope your trip home is a safe one! We can always use some good stories about Cali steel!! Don't be a stranger.