Steelhead question!

W
wheredafish??
I was wondering when the steelhead run usually picks up in the sandy, clack,and willy. I also would like to know the differnt fish runs and times of the year they happen.Any info would be appreciated.

T
Thuggin4Life
You are lucky seems like there are fish running through your neck of the woods year round. Winter steel, spring nooks, summer steel, fall nooks+coho,winter steel.... I think thats how it goes on the clack and sandy and I know for sure the willy gets the fairer weather fish. And then you got sturgeon....

R
rainbowfisherman
I believe the winter steel run on the sandy usually is good from around january to may if you go up river. Hope this helps a little

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
rainbowfisherman said:
I believe the winter steel run on the sandy usually is good from around january to may if you go up river. Hope this helps a little

yep , pretty close . when steel ends , nooks begin , when nooks end , coho begins . christ , its a never ending cycle . its hell living here .

H
Hook
wheredafish?? said:
I was wondering when the steelhead run usually picks up in the sandy, clack,and willy. I also would like to know the differnt fish runs and times of the year they happen.Any info would be appreciated.

The sandy is a year around system, you just have to be willing to work hard for them at certain times in the year.

R
Rokjak
Good runs

Good runs

wheredafish?? said:

Winter steelhead returning in large numbers | KATU.com - News - Portland, Oregon | Outdoors Featured

Here is a link I found while reading the news. Sounds like you people on the West Side (will and or are) have a good run of fish this year. Good luck---Jack L..

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Hook said:
The sandy is a year around system, you just have to be willing to work hard for them at certain times in the year.

the sandy IS open year round . however , at certain times , there are no fish in the system . mostly between coho and winter steel .