Steelhead made sure I knew the McKenzie was cold!!

N
natro
Went out today on the river to try it again. I was there from 7am til 4:30pm. About halfway through the day I hooked into a fish. It immediately went downriver. And after losing 2 fish a few days ago in the same spot I decided I was going after this one even if I didn't have waders. So I went after it, heading downriver, slipping on the rocks and falling down in the cold as hell water. I probably didn't do it as graceful as ol' Brad Pitt did it in that movie "A River Runs Through It", but I tried. WAY down river the fish spits the hook, and I got to spend the rest of the day drying off. Boy that waters cold. The water was pretty high today. Even higher than it was yesterday.

• 05241110371.jpg
T
TTFishon
Nothing like fresh snow melt. lol Sounds like fun even though you lost it.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Wow. Lame haha..

T
Troutier Bassier
Dang dude, that must suck!

R
rippin fish lips
were u fly fishing? A buddy of mine caught and landed a 9 pound steelhead 2 days ago outa this system.

Last edited:
N
natro
rippin fish lips said:
were u fly fishing? A buddy of mine caught and landed a 9 pound steelhead 2 days ago outa this system.

Nope, not fly fishing

N
natro
TTFishon said:
Nothing like fresh snow melt. lol Sounds like fun even though you lost it.

Oh yeah, it's always a good time. And the weather was great, even got a little sun burned. Though today, (Wednesday) is overcast, I'll probably still go up for the day.

J
JeannaJigs
Haha that sucks. That river's freakin' cold all year.

D
Drew9870
I was thinking about 'A River Runs Through It' while reading the first part, lol, I would do the same thing, ''CANNON BALL!!!"

R
rippin fish lips
natro said:
Oh yeah, it's always a good time. And the weather was great, even got a little sun burned. Though today, (Wednesday) is overcast, I'll probably still go up for the day.

I was debating on going out or not today.. not sure tho no ride or gas! :(

N
natro
Drew9870 said:
I was thinking about 'A River Runs Through It' while reading the first part, lol, I would do the same thing, ''CANNON BALL!!!"

LOL, luckily the water I was making my way through was only waist deep or so.

T
Thuggin4Life
Too funny!

R
radiation
Last one in's a rotten egg.

Last one in's a rotten egg.

Your not supposed to admit going in unless you have a fish to show for your troubles. I've been there and done that myself!:clap: