Steelhead jigs

U
Utahutes
New to jig world picked up a few black. Pink and white. Pink and salmon and white. Just looking for few ideas what color combination do you experience guys throw.. thanks

F
fish4life
nightmare jig and purple and pink in addition to what you already have.

Reactions: Utahutes
my2labs
my2labs
Before light....... go with the glo chartreuse (yellow version) head and rainbow feathers... I rarely fish that hour before daylight anymore... but that jig has worked for me many times in that window.

Reactions: Utahutes
Badfish
Badfish
Nightmare pattern; white jig head, bright red mid section, black tail of marabou or hackle.

Also grab some white jig heads, 1/8 or 1/4 oz and a pack of 4” bubble gum worms.

Reactions: Utahutes and O. mykiss
jamisonace
jamisonace
Blue and white, I call it The Cougar. It does really well until about half way through the fight, then it pretty much gives up and lets the fish win. HAHA

Go Cougars!

Artwo
Artwo
Sandy - 1/4 oz Maxi Jig, pink head, pink and white body, two red beads on the hook shaft (have to have the beads). That's been my go-to jig for many years on the Sandy and usually will get me a fish or two on most of my trips.

Clack - Our go to the last couple years has been a 1/8 oz nightmare (various manufacturers), black head, black body, red accent collar.

All white nightmare has also done well on either river.....

Reactions: Utahutes and O. mykiss