Steelhead in Nestucca tidewater

M
masmith
This will be my first winter steelhead season.

I plan of fishing mostly the Nestucca, but will hit other coastal streams and maybe the Sandy as well.

When will we be seeing winters show up in tidewater? Also, will they hold in tidewater like the fall salmon runs, or do they shoot up stream quicker since the water level is higher?

Thanks.

M
masmith
hmmmmmm.......

T
Thuggin4Life
I never here of people fishing tidewater for steelhead. But I am not an expert. You should ask steelheadstalkers that guy somehow seems to know everthing about anything.

M
Mike123
Thuggin4Life said:
I never here of people fishing tidewater for steelhead. But I am not an expert. You should ask steelheadstalkers that guy somehow seems to know everthing about anything.

:lol:

I believe Scott Amerman fishes tidewater once and awhile for steelhead.
Tidewater can be productive with LOW flows in the upper river.
Usually steelhead will come in pods and fishing the upper parts of tidewater can be good side drifted or float fished. Look for structure that would hold steelhead.

Steelhead are probably present now in small numbers.
They don't hold as much as salmon do... depends on flows.

Last edited:
M
masmith
This thread shouldn't be moved. Just because nestucca was in the title doesn't mean the question was specific to that zone. Guess I'll just post it again in the steelhead section where it will actually be read...

M
Mike123
masmith said:
This thread shouldn't be moved. Just because nestucca was in the title doesn't mean the question was specific to that zone. Guess I'll just post it again in the steelhead section where it will actually be read...

LOL.. Im not liking the whole specific area thing.. too hard to find stuff.

Admin
Admin
masmith said:

If I would post a question about steelhead fishing in nestucca, I'd like to have answers from people who wish that river. That's why I moved your thread.

If your question was about steelhead in general (not connected to specific location) - then please don't put the name of the river in the title. Make a good title for your threads, it's like a title of a book, a lot of people will make a decision to read it or not just based on the title. ;)

M
masmith
Anatoliy said:
If I would post a question about steelhead fishing in nestucca, I'd like to have answers from people who wish that river. That's why I moved your thread.

If your question was about steelhead in general (not connected to specific location) - then please don't put the name of the river in the title. Make a good title for your threads, it's like a title of a book, a lot of people will make a decision to read it or not just based on the title. ;)

Thanks, I reposted it to make it real simple for everyone. Lol