Steelhead in Junction City Pond

G
Gramps
I have not caught sense Sunday, but have seen several caught this week. It has been slow.

H
Hawk
i caught a speedy snipe...................................:lol::lol::lol:............................:cool:

R
rainbowfisherman
gramps you said it has been slow do you think it is worth making the journey there.

Are they stll using jigs and bobbers?

T
tongo
hey rainbowfisherman if you're looking for some big fish i would wait until early next week. ODFW will be stocking JCP again with 8-15 pound brooder trout and i believe there will be 90 of them.

G
Gramps
If making a long trip I would wait until next week when the brooders and more steelhead are stocked. I did catch a 5.5 pound steelhead today on a crappie jig and saw another one caught on the far side. I live less than 10 min away so its not a big deal.

R
rainbowfisherman
hey in the paper and on the website it said that good weekend fishing opportunities for walter wirth ,walling pond, and JCP. I was wondering of they have already been stocked. So which of the three would be best,

Thanks

G
Gramps
Brooders are on there way to ponds. Three trucks have already left and JCP will get theirs this afternoon. JCP may get some more steelhead Thursday, depending condition of fish in traps.

B
bd2cool
I will be there in the morning-look for the fat guy in the wool coat! :D

R
rainbowfisherman
Im heading to Walter Wirth tomorrow afternoon do you think there will be any booders what should i use

Spinners

Bait

G
Gramps
Gramps said:
Brooders are on there way to ponds. Three trucks have already left and JCP will get theirs this afternoon.
I was told this by a person at Roaring River Hatchery although JCP was not stocked today, hope it is tomorrow.

R
rainbowfisherman
was walter?

G
Gramps
96 brooders stocked yesterday after 5:00pm, 15 more steelhead today. Fishing was good this morning, 10 to 15 were taken, most on spinners or spoons

T
toprameneric
Chromers? HAHA sorry but the fish in this pond are not going to be chromers! try the Umpqua this time of year for chromers. I just landed a 14lb chromer near sawyer's on the umpqua

R
rainbowfisherman
Any Repot on Wlter Wirth or JCP.

Heading out soon where should i go?:think:

T
toprameneric
are you a river fisherman? if so... the umpqua near sawyer rv park is getting very good. i landed a 14lb native steelhead and my buddy went 4 landed and one lost, side-drifting.

F
fishdawg
hey! where should i go for the best fishing! lake river or pond

Troutski
Troutski
Where are you...?

Where are you...?

fishdawg said:
hey! where should i go for the best fishing! lake river or pond

Where about are you located, we are good but we do need a starting point. This time of year in my area the res.'s are down to minimum pool and the water temp is very low along with the clarity of the water. If your angling from shore I would head to the dam face and stand on top and look for the points and drop offs, then hike down and don't forget the nightcrawlers. If you have a boat then the lake is yours for the taking.

Chuck

F
Fish Dawgs
How's the fishing?

How's the fishing?

Hey- I was thinking about making the trip to JCP from salem but first I want to know how the steelhead are doing down there. I was also wondering when the next time JCP gets stocked with steelhead.

Last edited:
G
Gramps
No more steelhead will be stocked this winter, but more 75 to 100 brooders will be stocked week of the 22th. And more some time in Jan. There are still steelhead, brooders and "1 pounders" in there. I was there today, hooked into a nice looking steelhead but lost it. I did catch several 12" to 14" trout.

F
Fish Dawgs
thanks!