Steelhead fishing around Newberg, Sherwood, Tigard areas?

B
browntrouthunter
Would someone give me some guidance on where my bro and I can find some steelhead around the Newberg, Sherwood, and Tigard area? We can bank fish or boat fish. We have been taking the hour drive to Eagle Creek, but when we went last weekend the bit was really slow, so, we’d like to try for some steelhead. Thanks in advance for your help.

L
lczap
Fishing around Tigard area

Fishing around Tigard area

Did you ever get an answer to your question about finding a place to fish around the Sherwood, Tigard area? I fish alone so need to find a place that isn't too far away and relatively safe. I steelhead and trout fish but don't have a boat so will do bank fishing.

J
JSpencer
I tend to make the trip out to the Wilson, it's an hour and a half-ish but there is tons of bank access all along the river.

F
FishFinger
From the Tigard area........ perhaps the best / closest place IMHO would be the lower Clack. Good places to try from the bank would be Cross Park & Riverside Park.

S
slimyguts
Trask and/or Nestucca TONS of bank fishin. Drift boat on the Nestucca or power boat on the lower Nestucca. Can try the Willie out of Newberg or St. Paul. Boat out of Newberg or St. Paul. Some bank access at St. Paul.

T
troutmasta
browntrouthunter said:
Would someone give me some guidance on where my bro and I can find some steelhead around the Newberg, Sherwood, and Tigard area? We can bank fish or boat fish. We have been taking the hour drive to Eagle Creek, but when we went last weekend the bit was really slow, so, we’d like to try for some steelhead. Thanks in advance for your help.

I live in wilsonville stones throw from sherwood. Lived in the wood for way to many years. You guys can carpool with me. I go the wilson and sandy. Great sturgeon bass and even some salmon fishing out of new berg. PM me to learn more.