-Steelhead do like UV Yarn Balls-

S
steelhead_stalkers
Daniel and I went out today to do some product testing. :lol: We have been so busy with salmon that we have not got out to play with summers for a long time! What a great opportunity to fish some UV yarn balls for summers. We ended up hooking 6 fish today and only one made it to the bank. We have got a lot of good feedback from those who have been fishing this new yarn but it felt good to get out and fish it ourselves. Up until today we never fished yarn balls under a float, well I can report that it works great! ;)

The most surprising fish of the day was the 20 lb springer that decided it wanted my cerise and white yarn ball under a float. I fought it for 10 minutes probably before it came off but it was cool to hook one especially this time of year. Here is me trying to land a chinook on my 4-8lb steelhead rod.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.steelheadstalkers.com\/Site\/images\/Forum_Images\/yarn_ball_steelhead1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Here is the one fish we got to the bank. Daniel gets an assist on it becuase he could see the fish move over a foot to pick up the yarn ball. I did not even feel it but he was like, it ate it, so I pulled up. :dance:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.steelheadstalkers.com\/Site\/images\/Forum_Images\/yarn_ball_steelhead2.jpg"}[/IMG2]

It fell for a hot pink-cream sickle yarn ball. ;)

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/www.steelheadstalkers.com\/Site\/images\/Forum_Images\/yarn_ball_steelhead3.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Nice to add another trick to the arsenal of float fishing! Good luck out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
B
Born2Fish55
Yeah... that UV yarn is cool stuff... I just place another order for some!

B
BlackBass
Nice looking fish and yarn balls. Fishing yarn under a float is very productive. I have been fishing this way for a few years and have caught 50 or so steelhead on yarn and floats . Just rig it like you would a jig with a inline sinker and a small split shot or two .Good work and thanks for the informative post .

brandon4455
brandon4455
i'm going to purchase some of this next week. i'll use it for fall chinook and winter steelhead drift fishing hopefully it will pick up some fish

R
rippin fish lips
That is one good lookin fish!!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Thanks guys! Its kind of skinny but they are starting to feed better so they will bulk back up and there were some fresh ones in the mix as well!

J
Jacks Tackle
It took me forever to recognize that hole, I havent fished it in 7 years.

Good to see it still produces. As for the freshies, we always started seeing new fresh steelhead again in mid september and through October!

Way to go!

RB

F
fishingfreak
steelhead_stalkers said:
Thanks guys! Its kind of skinny but they are starting to feed better so they will bulk back up and there were some fresh ones in the mix as well!

Thats a nice Steelhead Good Job Guys. I am going to have to put an order together! I will PM you so you can give me some info.

Thanks,
FF

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish!