Steelhead below Faraday?

kirkster
kirkster
has any one fished steelhead below faraday dam or heard about it?

H
here2fish
heard about it.....havent hit it. Dont know the upper clack to well.

I want to though.

Y
youngbuck307
its ok most of the hatchary fish stack up at dog creek from what i was told..... but the native fish want to keep going way up to spawn.... there has to be a few clipped fish up there but dont know how many....

B
bigdog
Nope there are no fish down there. Dry hole don't waist your time.

kirkster
kirkster
I know there are fish there MR bigdog just asking for a report.

H
here2fish
bigdog said:
Nope there are no fish down there. Dry hole don't waist your time.

easy there killer, thats ifish talk

D
dude young
What?

Last edited:
kirkster
kirkster
Thanks dude,
I will definetly keep my eyes open. It really urrks me to see people doing that after us honest fisherman spend years learning how to:mad:well you know what I mean I could go on for hours. Thanks for the tip

K
k12580h
I caught a few trout there yesterday seen a few really dark ones jumping. thats all I know I would save your gas.

H
here2fish
dude young said:

because it pee-pee's me off when people say "nope no fish dry hole blah blah blah etc. etc." when it is totally bogus. Thats the type of bs that goes on over ther at ifish.

He obviously knows that it is late summer and the clack has a huge summer run and late summer means high river fish.

no need to give the guy a false report.

If your trying to protect your hole just dont talk about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Y
youngbuck307
lol you got a good point! how many cliped fish got up above rivermill??? and cliped fish above faraday??? how high will they go??

M
metalmania
The actual upper clack does not have any hatcheries so very few if any clipped fish actually go high up the clack. There are nates that go up all those creeks and rivers up high but you really shouldn't target them.

B
Bohemian
Question

Question

Are there still fish in the lower parts of the Clackamas, Or are they very scarce now?

Y
youngbuck307
well i was just wondering because if they dont normaly head way up the clack why would they go up to faraday?? just miss dog creek? dont they want to go up that creek to the hatchary? if so why wouldnt they stack up bellow it waiting for more water to go up it?

H
here2fish
fish will not chill forever, and they can't all spawn next to each other. So they seek out spawning ground, often times up river.

O
osmosis
you guys do realise that the clackamas does not have a great summer run in comparison to previous years, right?
Also if you guys knew Bigdog you would know he said that as a joke with a smile, no need to freak out.

There are probably some fish up there, however there are most likely a whole bunch more down at mciver by dog creek.

There are still fish throughout the entire lower river too, and coho at the mouth waiting for rain. there are just so f'in many rafters that you only get the first couple hours of daylight to hit it.

F
FishKiller23
osmosis said:
you guys do realise that the clackamas does not have a great summer run in comparison to previous years, right?
Also if you guys knew Bigdog you would know he said that as a joke with a smile, no need to freak out.

There are probably some fish up there, however there are most likely a whole bunch more down at mciver by dog creek.

There are still fish throughout the entire lower river too, and coho at the mouth waiting for rain. there are just so f'in many rafters that you only get the first couple hours of daylight to hit it.

Yeah a lot of people floating the river. Even today I saw a few people floating.. I did manage to hook up on corkie and yarn but only long enough to say fish on.

B
buddah426
first off there is a hatchery here and there at casadero, second... i want to take my toon down the clack and was wondering if anybody would be up for a float from feldinhimer to either barton or carver? i have a jeep cherokee so my rig would need to be parked up high so my companion (hopefuly with a truck) could park low so we wouldnt need to ditch toons at park. i guess could break one down and put one on top. mine tears down quickly. pm me if any interested...

B
bigdog
There is plenty of clipped fish up high. I have only hooked one nat ever bellow farraday. In fact got another cliped one to day, lost two kept one. Just have to know where to look and put the time in on the watter. I know I know how much time do I need to put in, well a lot or could be a little. I know that don't help to much but there is no way of telling how much time it is going to take. Just don't give up and learn the waters you are fishing.

F
FishKiller23
bigdog said:
There is plenty of clipped fish up high. I have only hooked one nat ever bellow farraday. In fact got another cliped one to day, lost two kept one. Just have to know where to look and put the time in on the watter. I know I know how much time do I need to put in, well a lot or could be a little. I know that don't help to much but there is no way of telling how much time it is going to take. Just don't give up and learn the waters you are fishing.

Oh by the way man it was nice to meet you. So you got a fish afterall!!! Nice any pics?