Steelhead and coho

T
the salmon kid
i will be going fishing this Thursday and Friday and most of this weekend. it has been raining almost the entire week and i know the water will be muddy, high and full of leaves any suggestions for lures, flys, in high muddy water, i will be going down to tuville and i was told that spoons work for the coho, but i was wanting to know if it would make a difference with the water being high and muddy :think::think:

brandon4455
brandon4455
black is a good color for water when it's colored up try that out. and good luck bro hope you catch some chromers!

brandon

Last edited:
T
the salmon kid
:D thanks man i will try:D

brandon4455
brandon4455
the salmon kid said:
i will be going fishing this Thursday and Friday and most of this weekend. it has been raining almost the entire week and i know the water will be muddy, high and full of leaves any suggestions for lures, flys, in high muddy water, i will be going down to tuville and i was told that spoons work for the coho, but i was wanting to know if it would make a difference with the water being high and muddy :think::think:

also try scents with your lures where the water is dark and muddy like spoons, spinners etc.

Y
youngbuck307
Fish close to the bank with dirty water that's for sure!!! Fish will be holding there to get out the crap in the river

E
eat, sleep, fish
I live right on the river at Rogue River, and this last rain barely added any color to the river as of this morning. It may get a touch more color, but the visibility will still be over a couple feet. Leaves may be a problem but they aren't anything more than a nuisance when fishing spoons. It also only raised the level about 5 inches which is barely above average for the water flow for this time of year.

It definitely should have gotten the fish on the move though and hopefully biting as well.

T
the salmon kid
sweet man thanks for the info i will be trying it tomorrow and i will see what is biting

P
Phil_Bud
the salmon kid said:
The fish tend to hug up to the side more...towards willows and in the eddies...The same stuff will work im sure. I think the Rogue should be prime fishin this whole weekend at Tou Velle.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I plan on going there tomorrow. gonna toss spinners and spoons