Steelhead 2022 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diehard
Diehard
Went fishing today landed one wild chromer and lost another at the bank fished jigs tipped with coon shrimp and bobberdogging double bead setups both fish were hooked on beads also found a nice stash of bobbers, corkies and plugs in a log jam.

• 20220111_141043.jpg
  • 20220111_084747.jpg
Reactions: Bama Creek Bum, JMFG1982, Admin and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice job getting us started @Diehard . Sadly I have yet to get a 22 steelhead to hand.

hobster
hobster
I’ve had a tough go. Went out twice in December and once so the far this year but haven’t hooked any fish. That’s quite a score of bobbers there @Diehard! And a couple of plugs to boot

jamisonace
jamisonace
Me too brother. I lost the biggest steelhead ever hooked in my boat on the 1st then went bank fishing on some small coastal streams a couple times. Lost one this morning and that's it. No love for me yet.

Diehard
Diehard
Sorry to here that hobster I'm at about 8 trips for two wild fish landed. made three runs down to the coast. got two wild coho for my efforts. shoulda stayed close to home

hobster
hobster
jamisonace said:
Me too brother. I lost the biggest steelhead ever hooked in my boat on the 1st then went bank fishing on some small coastal streams a couple times. Lost one this morning and that's it. No love for me yet.
Hey man at least you’re hooking into some! I was injured and unable to fish a lot of last year, I haven’t felt a steelhead since last March. Need that tug!

Diehard said:
Sorry to here that hobster I'm at about 8 trips for two wild fish landed. made three runs down to the coast. got two wild coho for my efforts. shoulda stayed close to home
Yeah it can be really tough steelheading these days. I used to be a really good steelhead fisherman😜 it can be a very humbling experience

jamisonace
jamisonace
hobster said:
Hey man at least you’re hooking into some! I was injured and unable to fish a lot of last year, I haven’t felt a steelhead since last March. Need that tug!
You know you're welcome in my boat any time. Apparently this week was pretty good in Roseburg but I never made it out.

hobster
hobster
I really appreciate the offer, we never made it out last time we tried to hook up. From what I hear the Umpqua is fishing pretty well, as usual. My local river just hasn’t been the same the last few years. I’d love to go out with you, I’ve never fished the Qua for salmon or steelhead, just smallmouth. I’ll hit you up with a PM 😉

Diehard
Diehard
Went 1 for 3 today one was a chrome hatchery buck lost it at the bank ugh managed to land this nice wild chromer man I'm getting hungry for a chunk of steely all three fish caught bobber dogging beads also fished jigs tipped with coon shrimp.

Reactions: Bama Creek Bum, Trout Slayer_7, C_Run and 1 other person
Trout Slayer_7
Trout Slayer_7
Got two today on a bead.

Reactions: Bama Creek Bum, Grant22, halibuthitman and 5 others
sambone
sambone
Caught my first winter steelhead this January on the Alsea, finally getting the hang of things. Me and my one friend have caught 3 fish in our last 2 trips just off the bank. Seems like a solid year so far.

Reactions: scched, Bama Creek Bum, Shaun Solomon and 5 others
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Well, I’ll probably make someone mad but I don’t really care. Here’s my first winter of the season. Also caught and released a beautiful little hatchery summer steelhead. Tight lines.

D23A96BF-2156-4EF2-A7AE-E7689483C58F.jpeg

Reactions: Bama Creek Bum, hobster, C_Run and 4 others
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Well ya dern sure done gone and pissed me off, I wish it was ME what caught it.

Reactions: scched
jamisonace
jamisonace
O. mykiss said:
Well, I’ll probably make someone mad but I don’t really care. Here’s my first winter of the season. Also caught and released a beautiful little hatchery summer steelhead. Tight lines
Was the summer chromed back up or still in its spawning colors?

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
She was a rebright. I unhooked her and sent her back to the ocean

jamisonace
jamisonace
Finally made it on the board. 4 for 4 today with one hatchery fish.

20220117_120308.jpg

Reactions: Bama Creek Bum, hobster, Grant22 and 3 others
Grant22
Grant22
I went 0/1 today with a few other suspect bobber downs. 8-10lb native hen spit the hook mid backflip. I thought my drag was messed up so I tried to adjust it and the fish found some slack. Rookie mistake.

O. mykiss
O. mykiss
jamisonace said:
A hatchery fish is as good as a unicorn on that river, nice work!

Grant22
Grant22
jamisonace said:
Good job guys

jamisonace
jamisonace
O. mykiss said:
A hatchery fish is as good as a unicorn on that river, nice work!

This year is an exception it seems.
Talked to a guide that landed 6 and 4 were clipped. This year seems to have a lot of clipped fish. 2 of my 6 this season have been clipped. It's nice to take a few home.

Reactions: C_Run and Diehard
Status
Not open for further replies.