Oregon steelhead fishing (2010 - 2021)

jamisonace
jamisonace
Took a client out before work this morning. Didn't seem real fishy this morning but managed this one after a few passes. No other bites in the 2 hours we were out there.

• 20210121_083512.jpg
Reactions: DOKF and Admin
jamisonace
jamisonace
Steelhead SHOW OFF is a little light on content this year. Here's a couple more to keep things moving.

Reactions: Admin
C
case.bolt
Caught my first steelhead Ever today, NW Oregon coastal river. 1/8oz white jig head with a pink body/black tail worm. I've been hitting the banks of the river at least one day nearly every weekend since the start of January, was just about to hang it up for the season. I didn't even think I had a bite, thought for sure I was snagged up, reeled down and gave it a tug to pop it loose, and I got a tug back and line started peeling. Ten minutes or so of back and forth and I finally managed to get her close enough to grab her tail. Beautiful native hen, safely released and on to spawn.

No tape or scale, but I'd guess she was maybe 24"-26" long, maybe 7-8 lbs. Not a monster by any means, but the largest non-catfish I've ever caught. I did hook into another not too long after I released this one, but it popped off at the first head shake, must not have set the hook too well. Disappointing, but hey, 1/2 ain't bad.

I was so close to just giving up and deciding steelheading was not for me, but now I got the fever. Going back out tomorrow to try it again, hopefully get a quality fish to take home for dinner, or at least some better pictures.

Reactions: RiverWalker, Dizzy Fisherman and Admin
D
Dizzy Fisherman
1612833391384.jpeg

Reactions: Admin and jamisonace
O. mykiss
O. mykiss
Picked up this hen on an Oregon coastal river 3 weeks back. Of all the steelhead I e caught, she takes the cake for hardest fight. She was a chunky wild fish that taped at 33” long with a 19” girth.

Reactions: Grant22, hobster, Dizzy Fisherman and 2 others
hobster
hobster
Got out on the Slaw with my buddy Ryan at Grey Ghost Guide Service today. He is the best guide up at the Whittaker run, and of course he got us into some fish. It’s been a tough year for everyone I know, was glad to get into some. I almost feel like going with a good guide is kind of like cheating, but I’ll take it😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Markk, Grant22, O. mykiss and 4 others
D
Dizzy Fisherman
Here’s one from over a month back.

1613324819309.jpeg

Reactions: Socaaron, jamisonace, O. mykiss and 1 other person
C
Chrisd1990
Who needs a boat? Bank bum 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: DOKF and Admin
Oldhammer
Oldhammer
My first steelhead! From the bank of the rogue on an orange yarn ball.

47699642-56BC-4D1C-96AF-700B4EA22E13.jpeg

Reactions: Markk, RiverWalker, O. mykiss and 2 others
C
Chrisd1990
Another beautiful fish to the bank on high quality camera this time!

Screenshot_20210301-224651_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: maxwyatt, O. mykiss, Grant22 and 2 others
C
Chrisd1990
Another fat wild hen from the bank.

20210308_083307.jpg

Reactions: Grant22, Clbagshaw, jamisonace and 1 other person
M
Mtnsaremyhome
Dime bright little wild from a few weeks back.

IMG_20210314_193223_300.jpg

Reactions: O. mykiss, Clbagshaw, Admin and 1 other person
jamisonace
jamisonace
I hope to close-out the year better than it started. We'll see.

Umpqua steelhead this morning.

Reactions: hobster, RiverWalker, Admin and 1 other person
C
Cohobolo
Tillamook County yesterday.

VideoCapture_20211211-171344.jpg

Reactions: RiverWalker
jamisonace
jamisonace
My end to the year. Fishing by myself today and didn't pull the fish out of the water so pics suck but 2 of 3 on the North Umpqua.

Reactions: NKlamerus, O. mykiss and Admin
Diehard
Diehard
Caught a little wild chromer the last day of the year lost another one at the bank nothing to take home but was a good day out on the water caught while bobber doggn a double bead setup

Reactions: O. mykiss and Admin
Admin
Admin
13 pages of pure joy and satisfaction...

Reactions: Fred, Diehard and troutdude