Steelhead 2018 show OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobster

OnTheDrop;n608962 said:
I'm actually the one taking the picture here. Client netting, me with the vantage point
Upon closer inspection it looks nothing like you (from behind). I dig the drone story better though

pinstriper

hobster;n608981 said:
Upon closer inspection it looks nothing like you (from behind). I dig the drone story better though
Exactly. It's a MUCH better story.

Plus, I'm not sure what the guy actually looks like, especially from the rear. He always makes me sit up front.

Native Fisher

Went out yesterday with my 5yo, hit two smaller streams. Caught and released a dark hatchery buck in the first creek, went down to the next creek and let my 5yo do some casting and reeling. After a few missed opportunities he finally got the hookset on this nice buck, it taped out at 30" and he needed some help reeling, but I was super proud he did the cast and hook set!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

troutdude

Native Fisher;n608983 said:
Went out yesterday with my 5yo, hit two smaller streams. Caught and released a dark hatchery buck in the first creek, went down to the next creek and let my 5yo do some casting and reeling. After a few missed opportunities he finally got the hookset on this nice buck, it taped out at 30" and he needed some help reeling, but I was super proud he did the cast and hook set!
He will always remember that trip!!!

C_Run

You're a good dad, Native Fisher. Very nice.

Hooked Up

That's wonderful he did almost everything himself. Something He'll certainly remember. Had to chuckle, that rod looks 20' compared to him.

Native Fisher

Got 2 more yesterday before the rivers rose. Both were wild and one wouldn't pose for a picture. I started off bobber and jig fishing with a egg sucking leach patterned jig, fished around and got nothing for about 1.5hrs. Went back through with a nightmare jig and a big red soft bead as a dropper. Started off at the beginning and got a small but fiesty, chrome 5lb wild fish, I'm trying to keep all my wild released fish in the water, and as active this little guy was I couldn't get a decent pic. A few casts later I got this wild buck, he was a bit bigger, but nothing special size wise. They are out there just keep on trying guys

image_32172.jpg

ChezJfrey

Check out the first pic, line in the water. Notice the stance, posture and how the rod is held...kid's already got the solid technique down for the proper steelhead action photo: cool demeanor, yet just a touch of 'anxious tension' all spelled out for the viewer. A real pro :) Nicely done.

Native Fisher

Got to the river at daylight and found quite a few people for a thursday. Typically with the people I'd have bypassed the area and went hiking, but I have been a bit under the weather the last few days, and we were supposed to get some dangerous wind/rain storms so I planted my butt in front of the hatchery and didn't move around a lot. Certainly not an ideal fishing trip for me, but it worked out okay. After about an hour and half the two guys I was fishing near moved on and I got to make some casts into water I had been waiting for, first drift through this cookie cutter hen clobbered a medium sized soft bead behind a jig.

image_32173.jpg

C_Run

Crazy start to the day when a fish chomped my float instead of the nice jig dangling from it. That was the only excitement for the first five hours. I was tired and about to quit and finally got a bite. The water was kind of high for my liking. Copper spoon did the trick again.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.