Steamed trout

L
LingFace
Place a fresh trout on top of frozen vegetables and simmer gently with the lid on until the trout is cooked to satisfaction. I like butter and garlic salt on the vegetables. What do you suggest should go on the trout?
image.jpg

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
I like a little bit of smoked paprika and some lemon juice.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Canned trout! Chunk the trout put in a pint quart jar, add one tablespoon of salt, one tablespoon of vinegar and one of olive oil a dash of liquid smoke. Put jars in the canner at 10lbs pressure for 90 minutes and presto you have a canned trout. Great for snacks or use as you would tuna. You need to have quite a few trout to do a canner load, but if you do it's a nice way to utilize them.

If you only have a few of them I enjoy them best fried for breakfast with bacon and pan fried potatoes, especially while camping.

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Irishrover said:
If you only have a few of them I enjoy them best fried for breakfast with bacon and pan fried potatoes, especially while camping.

This is one of my favorite ways of eating trout. I also really enjoy them smoked after they have been soaked in a salt brine. If they are large enough then I also enjoy filleting them. Then salt, pepper, paprika on the meat. Slice some lemons super thin and completely cover the meat with them. Then grill the whole time skin side down.

Artwo
Artwo
TheKnigit said:
..........Then salt, pepper, paprika on the meat. Slice some lemons super thin and completely cover the meat with them. Then grill the whole time skin side down.

This is what I like as well, only grill them on a cedar plank.......yummy.