Steamboat Inn

K
Kage
Has anyone here been to the Steamboat Inn and/or fished that stretch of water? My wife and I are planning to go there next year in April for our anniversary. I was just curious if anyone had some input on the Inn or water. I'll have a year to work on my fly fishing but I'd want to have a nice getaway for the wife and I since she wouldn't be fishing.

P
pinstriper
Leaving her in a hotel room while you go fishing on your anniversary ? Noice !

Make sure you get her a nice new rod and reel combo, as well !

C
ChezJfrey
pinstriper said:
Leaving her in a hotel room while you go fishing on your anniversary ? Noice !

Make sure you get her a nice new rod and reel combo, as well !

Don't opt for a fillet knife for her...that might not work out so well for you ;)

D
DirectDrive
Sorry dude, but this sounds like a me-first sort of gig you have going on here.
Might want to re-think.

C
cchinook
steamboat inn

steamboat inn

DirectDrive said:
Sorry dude, but this sounds like a me-first sort of gig you have going on here.
Might want to re-think.

The wife and I stayed there last year . They have a web site .
Be sure to get a cabin on the river. I could walk down and fish.
Nice place . The fishing rules are complex , look them up.
lots of amazing water falls east of the lodge.

K
Kage
Hey I just was watching a youtube video on it but it was my wife's idea to go there, not mine. I was excited at the idea of going, especially because it was suggested by my non-fishing wife. She wants me to go fish while she does some writing. The scenery would help her with motivation and relaxing. Yes I've seen the website and was thinking of getting the streamside cabin but I thought of going ahead and getting the river suite so my wife could pamper herself a bit and relax. Is there any major difference in the distance or access to the river between the two? I love fishing but trust me, I'm not a jerk who would spend the entire trip fishing and ignoring his wife.

D
Dizzy Fisherman
It's called "the camp water" and it can be productive for steelhead if you're good with a fly rod.

P
pinstriper
Kage said:
Hey I just was watching a youtube video on it but it was my wife's idea to go there, not mine. I was excited at the idea of going, especially because it was suggested by my non-fishing wife. She wants me to go fish while she does some writing.

My wife was the one who decided I should take up fishing, too. Said something about it would help me learning patience and being thoughtful, but...I wasn't really paying attention to her jibberjabber.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Great choice for an anniversary! Definitely a step up from the motel I put my wife in for our anniversary while I fish the Elk and Sixes in December.

I did get a nice float with @c-run on our special day a few years ago.

C_Run
C_Run
jamisonace said:
Great choice for an anniversary! Definitely a step up from the motel I put my wife in for our anniversary while I fish the Elk and Sixes in December.

I did get a nice float with @c-run on our special day a few years ago.

Huh? That was your anniversary? Now I feel bad.

Actually, Steamboat is on my wife's list of places to go as well as the North Umpqua in general. I am not going to argue.

jamisonace
jamisonace
No need to feel bad. We don't like each other enough to spend three entire days together.

C_Run said:
Huh? That was your anniversary? Now I feel bad.

Actually, Steamboat is on my wife's list of places to go as well as the North Umpqua in general. I am not going to argue.