Stand bys

H
halibuthitman
So, if you could only fish 3 spinners 3 spoons and 3 misc devices for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Red and white 1# mepps algia spinner, Dark olive roostertail, and a yellow and black panthermartin with the gold blade.

spoons- Red and white with the gold back eppinger dardevle, pounded copper bare spoon, blue inserted gold pixie.

misc- triple teaser, white jig, orange and black hotshot

whats yours?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sometimers

Sometimers

halibuthitman said:
So, if you could only fish 3 spinners 3 spoons and 3 misc devices for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Red and white 1# mepps algia spinner, Dark olive roostertail, and a yellow and black panthermartin with the gold blade.

spoons- Red and white with the gold back eppinger dardevle, pounded copper bare spoon, blue inserted gold pixie.

misc- triple teaser, white jig, orange and black hotshot

whats yours?

halibuthitman;
Wow, I couldn't name much of anything in my tackle box with their technical names. You guys amaze me with your ability to remember which gear you used at which hole on a given day. I hope you are as good at remembering birthdays,anniversaries and what have you. Maybe if I had a different tackle box for each one, nah, I'd still have trouble. Maybe it's that "sometimers" like my Mom used to joke about. :think: :lol: Be safe.
Barb

1aB
Trout, right? Haven't fished OR yet, but what I would choose based on experience elsewhere:

Spinners: none

Spoons: none

Other:
1. 1/32 #8 white zonker gold flash tinsel jig for still water.
2. 1/16 #4 black zonker gold flash tinsel jig for small streams
3. 1/8 #2 grey zonker holo flash tinsel jig for bigger moving water or deep still water.

Steelhead or big brownies would be a separate ball game.

H
halibuthitman
ooooookaay

ooooookaay

1aB said:
Trout, right? Haven't fished OR yet, but what I would choose based on experience elsewhere:

Spinners: none

Spoons: none

Other:
1. 1/32 #8 white zonker gold flash tinsel jig for still water.
2. 1/16 #4 black zonker gold flash tinsel jig for small streams
3. 1/8 #2 grey zonker holo flash tinsel jig for bigger moving water or deep still water.

Steelhead or big brownies would be a separate ball game.

soooo I take it you on occasion enjoy a little jiggin.... sweet, show us a picture of one of those crazy named jawbenders!! come on the rest of ya, fishin hardware is like rifle calibers we can rant all day!! whats in ur tool box!

1aB
Haven't tied any yet for this year, but here's a 1/16 #4 tied by my jig mentor John McK in PA last year.

Basher.png

H
halibuthitman
nice!

nice!

Looks good! if I was a fish Id eat it!

O
OneMore
If were talkin trout it would be

Spinner; yellow black potted panter mantin/ with gold blade, crawdad rooster tail, black blue fox with gold blade

Spoons; All time facorite lure Kastmaster in cuthrout, Daredeval yellowwith red spots, and little cleo silver/blue

others; Pautskie eggs, small black with orange belly flatfish, and wedding ring.

And No i dont remember most of the important things. I guess its selective memeory. Perhaps I need an updage on my mental hard drive space.

1aB
"halibuthitman", could you post a pic of your jig ?

H
halibuthitman
good one

good one

Kastmasta, heck yeah! forgot about that classic, its grampas deer rifle of lures!:clap:

H
halibuthitman
simple

simple

1aB said:
"halibuthitman", could you post a pic of your jig ?
I just fish store bought panfish jigs, white or black, for everything and they seem to catch any fish that are available to be caught, but for kamloops or lakers I use white marabou jigs becouse they seem to outperform plastic for them.

O
OneMore
Never count out the kastmaster that thing will always catch fish.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Spinners -

Blackened Brass bell body, blackened Brass french blade, in a #3.

Stacked Brass barrel bodies, Brass, pink tip french blade in a #3.

Stacked Matte silver, Brass barrel bodies, and a hammered back Copper Colorado in a #3.

Spoons -

1/4 oz. Nickle Pixie, custom Pirate paint scheme

3/16 oz. Brushed brass, hammer front Pixie.

1/8 oz. Half Nickle, half green KastMaster

Misc -

1/16 oz. White Maribou/Crystal Flash jig, Brass head.

#6 Mosquito hooks...For everything, bait related.

Small Mosquito pattern fly.

M
Mike123
Spinners:
#3 Blue Fox/Gold, #3 Blue Fox/Rainbow, and #3 Silver w/ blue body.

Spoons:
Needlefish trolling spoon in Rainbow trout, blue/silver little cleo, and any silver/gold spoon.

Misc:
-3" SEDUCER WORMS!!(These things catch more trout then Powerbait!)
-Nightcrawlers
-Micro steelhead jigs

But what seriously catches me more trout than anything, and what I use more then anything, are pink worms! Also those Berkely trout worms in pink/white SLAY trout.