St. Louis ponds advice

S
SinBreed
Hey all! Me and a buddy are heading to the ponds early a.m. next week. Any gear and/or pond advice would be awesome. Trying to catch anything (trout, bass, crappie, blue gill). I just respooled w some 8# line (Will that be enough?), I'm guessing roosters, spinners, worm and Bobber all works. Just want to catch (and release) some feesh! Thanks in advance, Chris

F
fishingfool
I have had the best luck up there with power bait eggs red or green and spinners last may I caught about 60 in about 4 hours with a yellow spinner i am heading there this weekend if the weather holds out

S
SinBreed
fishingfool said:
I have had the best luck up there with power bait eggs red or green and spinners last may I caught about 60 in about 4 hours with a yellow spinner i am heading there this weekend if the weather holds out
Thanks bud! I'll keep u posted on how we did

G
grizzlynitemare
I've had good luck in pond 6, directly east of the parking lot, using salmon eggs on the bottom.
But I am planning on heading out there Monday or Tuesday and walking around multiple ponds, throwing spinners, since the weather is supposed to be nice. I had some luck doing this last year.

F
fishingfool
i went out today and had a little luck one 10in rainbow and a cat fish and tons of bites right straight in front of the host on the dock get out while the gitten is good

good luck all
:thumb:

F
fishtales
St. Louis ponds always seams like a good time. I need to go there again.