St Louis Ponds Fishing Reports

D
Deuce0331
Went to St. Louis today.....saw a nice female bass at pond 3. I fished a few of the other ponds there and no luck...not even a bite. I really have bad luck at that place, the bad thing is that I know there are some really nice fish there.

C
c_13_b
Where are the St. Louis Ponds???

B
bassman503
went there on the 27th. Am new to the area. didn't know where to fish so went to pond 7. Water is extremely low. deepest part was about 2-3 feet. caught a whole lot of green sunfish and dink LM bass. saw a few guys catch a few 14-15in bass. they were keeping everything. Little bass to sunfish. The sunfish we caught were bigger than our palms. jeez i can't get over the fact that the water is so low. pond 7 is just a small body of water now. on google earth it looks pretty big. my mistake we fished at the wrong spot! i think it was the dog water fowl training place. it wasn't even the actual ponds.

C
c_13_b
yes the water is probably fairly low in all of the ponds now...soon the rain will start filling them up. Sounds like a good place, where is it located??

F
Fishtopher
Went up on Sunday, and just like every other time I have been...NUTHIN.
Fished pond three for about 3 hrs and then moved over to pond 6 and got some drive by's. Tried crawlers, eggs, marshmallows, powerbait...Caught a few frogs so I didn't get skunked. The kids seemed to have a lot of fun though! Everyone I talked to had nothing except one guy, caught some kinda sunfish...Flyfishing!!

Last edited:
A
ArcticAmoeba
I bring a 3 or 4 wt. bug basher, and murder the bass from those ponds normally. Not huge fish, but bigger than an 8" wet towel trout.;) Seems like the when I fly fish in private ponds, or smaller ones like St. Louis, I can't keep the little BG off, and if you use wet flies, better chance of a big bass wanting a fight...My experience anyways. Trout out there also like Wolly Buggers, so get some to tie on to your spinning setup...

F
fishudedmeet
some1 just caught a 28 pound channel cat outa there :shock:

K
kinzuajw
Eaten Alive

Eaten Alive

Do not forget your bug repellent. The mosquitoes are hungry. You should see my arms.

Top Bottom