St. Louis for a (hopefully) fun Sunday.

S
Sgrunig90
Dear OFF,

I am going to go out to St. Louis this monday if weather permits it. Looking to fishing pond 6. Hoping to grab some of those big hatchery fish. :)

If I am to lazy to go out there I may go the back spot of Wailing Pond on 16th in Salem, Oregon. I was told there are some big fish in the back part of the pond.

I would mind having a fishing buddy. My girls farther bailed on me.

I was planning on using 2 poles - love how oregon adopted the 2-pole license.

One pole with some powerbait at the the bottom. The other pole with some powereggs and nigthcrawler from a bobber - about 2 feet from the surface.

Any suggests?

Has any one walked aroung wailing and fished the small shallow part of the pond in the back?

-Stephen

S
Sgrunig90
Sorry - The topic should be for Monday ... Sunday - Going to Corvallis for Pac-10 Wrestling Championships. Sorry about that.

G
Growbug
yup, i see that the stocking schedule has St Louis stocking week of 2/28/11. This does not mean that the fish will be in the pond on Monday. They could turn up anytime during the week depending upon schedule (but i believe that they stock St Louis on Tuesdays or Thursdays).

THE DATES LISTED ARE ALL MONDAYS
TROUT STOCKING WILL OCCUR SOMETIME DURING THE WORK WEEK
PLEASE CALL (971) 673-6000 OPTION 2 AFTER 2:00 PM DAILY TO CHECK STOCKING STATUS
SCHEDULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

M
Modest_Man
If there was an area without all sorts of orverhanging trees and snags I'd be out trying to learn how to fly fish.

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
Sgrunig90 said:
Sorry - The topic should be for Monday ... Sunday - Going to Corvallis for Pac-10 Wrestling Championships. Sorry about that.

good luck out there

S
Sgrunig90
I didn't even notice they where stoking them that week. :) I was going for the trout they stocked in Jan.

Yeah I am hoping to avoid the trees/weeds as much as I can. We will see how it goes. I will keep everyone poted.

I wounder if anyone has fished it recently.

Last edited:
S
Sgrunig90
S
Sgrunig90
Sgrunig90 said:
wresling eh? my school is going to state. the best friend of my friend who passed away is gunna win state in honor of him...just a note lol josh christenson is a beast.

I wrestled my whole life - lost my D-I schloarship to Boise due injury. Is it the kid from Dallas High School? Wrestling with inspiration is an amazing thing. Seen some cool stuff happen because of insipration! Wish him the best!!

S
shimano22
i have been a few times to st. louis recently, i saw a two or three of the big brood trout they put in dead in the cove areas, and another swimming arround that looked almost dead, the fishing was very slow and i only caught one in a couple trips, a two pounder. there are always fish there though so good luck!

S
Sgrunig90
Niceee. What pond? 6? What you use to catch em? Top or bottom water? I am sure they are dieing because of lack of nurtition...

S
shimano22
yep pond 6. I was there when they stoked it with the three pounders, and the ODFW guy said they put in 75+ not 50 like the website said. I only saw a couple caught that day and the next day. i might head out there later as well

S
Sgrunig90
Monday would you want to meet up at St. Louis? Try our luck?