St. Johns cathedral Park Fee?

T
Thuggin4Life
How much does it cost to use the ramp at cathedral park.

N
n8r1
Thuggin4Life said:
How much does it cost to use the ramp at cathedral park.

Someone may know better, but it appears to be free:

Parks & Recreation
Located under the St. Johns Bridge, Cathedral Park gives residents an opportunity to explore over 23 acres of natural wildlife habitat. A summer Jazz Festival, off-leash area for dogs, boat ramp and Wi-Fi access are all free to anyone visiting this historic day park. The St. Johns Community Garden is also a great place to enjoy the best in urban greenspaces.

T
Thuggin4Life
Hey thanks my buddy went up there once and thought it was free. now i know. wifi huh?

Last edited:
N
n8r1
Thuggin4Life said:
Hey thanks my buddy went up there once and thought it was free. now i know. wifi huh?

That's funny, I saw the post before you put the "u" in and it looked like something totally different. I was like "um...ok?"

You might want to confirm with another Portlander that has used it this year. I launched with a friend a couple years ago and it was free, and it looks like it still is, but you may want to get a 2nd opinion just to make sure.

T
Thuggin4Life
ok i'll wait and see and I'll take a 5 up in case no one else adds to it. he was up 2009 in the fall so hope it hasn't changed since then or I might as well go to the 42nd street launch.

N
nwkiller
its free! ive put in and parked there a couple times, but im sure ull take money just incase

N
n8r1
I just confirmed with my buddy, this was his email response:

me: "Do you know if the boat launch at Cathedral Park is free?"

him: "yes I'm positive it is - drop the boat in the water and that's it!"

So Thuggin--you should be good to go. Have fun and leave a few fish for us Portlanders to catch too! :)

T
The Nothing
yep, free. been there a few times this year.

S
stream2.5
free fer all.... as is the launches up around OC the only ramp on the wiillie i know of charging a fee is Willamette park down by the sellwood bridge. .