Springers... need some help and as much advise as i can get!!

R

rippin fish lips

Almost looks like i gotta talk my step dad into makin this springer trip to the columbia/mouth of the willy. Never fished it ever, never have touched/been in the columbia river waters. Should we troll plug cut herring??? we are planning the trip for the 2nd week of april.... so far our trip is heading towards the umpqua... plz help me, as i am on a mission to put 4 ppl on atleast 1 fish in some new water. i put 3 ppl on a fish trolling some other river for fall nooks. I would love to have success in some new water!! any tips greatley appriciated!!

Thanks, RFL.

B

beaverfan

Well the Columbia will close for springers on April 4th so you will have to stick to the Willamette. There's lots of info on trolling for springers in the Willy here but by then I'd be hitting the Oregon City-West Linn area. Prawns and eggs are usually the best baits in the area.

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Beaverfan is right the Columbia closes on the 4th of April. Some of the folks who fish the Columbia will mover over to the Willamette. Read the Willamette portion of this article it may help you land one of those chinook! I know it says steehead university but the article is about chinook!

Steelhead University

T

Troutier Bassier

Beaverfan is right the Columbia closes on the 4th of April. Some of the folks who fish the Columbia will mover over to the Willamette. Read the Willamette portion of this article it may help you land one of those chinook! I know it says steehead university but the article is about chinook!

Steelhead University

That helped! thanks!

brandon4455

brandon4455

try floating from the mouth of the sanitams down to buena vista on the upper willamette.. it's definitely top notch for springers. big trolling spinners.. kwikfish,drifting eggs or prawns like jay said but dont fish it until a good number has gone over the falls.

Last edited:
R

rippin fish lips

Plug cut green labels or blues from the mouth to sellwood. Run jet 50's with eggs or prawns from 205 bridge to meldrum. The run has been slow so far from msellwood up. You are going to have to hunt for fish this year as they seam to be kegging up and not moving like in the past.

think that might work on the umpqua??? plans r set and firm for that river.

Top Bottom