Springers in the Multnomah Channel

S
Swamp Puppy
Heading out to fish the MC this weekend and just wanted to verify that there wasn't anything wonky going on with the salmon regs.... This is what i came up with (and expected) for current Willamette/MC regs.

Willamette River

The Willamette River is open to retention of adipose fin-clipped adult chinook salmon and adipose fin-clipped steelhead seven days a week the entire year, and ODFW is leaving that regulation in place based on an expected return of 104,000 spring chinook, which is comparable to last year. The bag limit on the Willamette below Willamette Falls is two adipose fin-clipped chinook. Above the falls, one additional adipose fin-clipped steelhead may be retained under regulations for the combined salmon/steelhead bag limit.

Anyone know of anything different in effect?

Thanks

C
camosled
Nope. That's it as I see it.

JM

Diehard
Diehard
looks open to me to. i fished it yesterday with no take downs. but two boats did report haveing action. witch was amazing given the river level and clarity. good luck hope the river clears for you

S
skunk
Agree, was out yesterday with only two caught for the many boats out. Was actually on the mainstem of columbia though.

S
Swamp Puppy
alrighty..thanks fellas. as it stands i am planning on hitting it fri/sat with a possibilty of sunday as well. be fishing down around where Santosh Slew runs into the channel. crummy looking open aluminum sled running kwiks on anchor. If you troll by...give a holler. I usually start picking up fish there around this time...hoping it holds true to past results. :)

N
Noahk
Good luck! Let us know how you do.

S
Swamp Puppy
Didn't fish the MC...waaaay to crappy. I hit the main river friday and aside from being a gorgeous day outside...not much happening. hardly any boats out and no one was doing anything i could see. i called it when a 20' tree came close to taking me out.