Springers in EC?

J
jathrtn
I was odfw web site last night, and I was reading the recreation report. The web site had information posted about eagle creek, and angling efforts for spring chinook. I was just wondering does anybody know if there is infact a spring chinook run on eagle creek, because i thought that eagle creek was primarily winter steelhead and coho salmon!:think:

E
eggs
No one really knows whats going on there.. they have been expecting returns.. and returns have been light.. if you don't know the creek inside and out, i think you would be better off focusing elsewhere.

i have heard of a few picked up but very hit or miss.

but yes they have been releasing smolt for 4 or 5 years.. and so far nothing to really show for it..

F
Fishtopher
I've heard tale of a few picked up on the creek, but most action is still in the Clack.

M
metalfisher76
I haven`t been this year, YET, but I got some last season and I`m hoping for a better pull this year. They be fun on dat lil water. Rock wrappin son of a guns!!!

H
halibuthitman
from what I saw today.... a few people owe flymstr an apology... and if your wondering if they are there.... go look.

M
metalfisher76
He he he he he he
By the way, I was the 1st to break silence. Flymstr came in to back me up. Go kill those fish!!

Last edited:
E
eggs
lies... nooks are too big for the creek

M
metalfisher76
O yeah, I forgot. Thanx for reminding me!

H
halibuthitman
mabe they are spring Coho....? sweet... one more new fish to target!!! think I can get away with pushing my drift boat off the bank at eagle fern? time for an adventure me thinks!!:shock:

E
eggs
I bet you could push off at the hatchery bridge.. slide it down the fish ladder and take out @ bonnie lure! I'll hop in and go for a ride! haha

M
markasd
aight - whos in for a toon on the eagle? Im in!! nice water for em - this is the year for em!! gonna hit em if i make it back this week.... So Cal is WEAK!!

A
adambomb
I heard from a very reliable source, that they had 54 fish return last year, and they are expecting 112 to return this year. Oh, and they aren't clipped.

E
eggs
I should hope its more then that.. EC fish accounts for 15% of fish expected back on the clack..

T
tnffishman
adambomb said:
I heard from a very reliable source, that they had 54 fish return last year, and they are expecting 112 to return this year. Oh, and they aren't clipped.

I know for a fact that nooks on EC are clipped, cause i've caught a few

H
halibuthitman
tnffishman said:
;)

A
adambomb
tnffishman said:

They may have been clipped when you caught them, but they were not clipped as fry. Lets just say that certain individuals will go to any length to create a clipped salmon, legal or not.

H
halibuthitman
ive caught 2 fin clipped kings up into rivers... in Alaska... 1100 miles from the nearest fin clipped run... Im sure some clack fish head up there and look around, I doubt anyone thinks a bleeding fin is gonna fool even the biggest wally of a fish cop.

A
adambomb
halibuthitman said:
ive caught 2 fin clipped kings up into rivers... in Alaska... 1100 miles from the nearest fin clipped run... Im sure some clack fish head up there and look around, I doubt anyone thinks a bleeding fin is gonna fool even the biggest wally of a fish cop.

I agree, there must be a couple lost fish in there. But from what I've heard, when the fish are harvested, the bleeding is over.......

H
halibuthitman
I wouldnt keep a fish if it wasn't COMPLETELY healed.. they will pop a fella for anything.. I think im pickin up what your puttin down though... agreed.

E
eggs
So if the hatchery springers on EC are not fin clipped and EC is only open to fin clipped fish under requirements of the ESA for Willamette basin spring chinnook... You can not keep any of the hatchery springers on EC with the exception of a Clackamas fin clipped stray..