Springer failure requires respite...

T
The Nothing
Seeking respite from my epic springer failure, I needed something new. What better than to head to my favorite lil spot and do some gator plunkin?

What a WONDERFUL idea that turned out to be. Feeling bad about my failures quickly turned around when I had the first sturgeon on the line. I was feeling even better with the second and third...

I gave up after landing #10. I went 10 for 12 on the day. The other two on the bank - and I've NEVER had anyone else on this bank before - were likely getting p!$$ed. One shaker between the two of them before I left. I didn't get pics of them all, because, well, I got tired of it. I'm sure the couple of people here that follow me on Twitter were also getting tired of it...

Here are the first four I caught and photo'd

850am, 30 minutes in the water...
3430172034_23c706589d_o.jpg

30 minutes later...
3430172064_594d2247e2_o.jpg

15 minutes later...
3430172090_f773fb4ca1_o.jpg

35 minutes after that lil shake... (1030ish)
3430172116_8b8f5b91d9_o.jpg

10:45 lost
11:20 lost
after that, it was shaker city...
Noon shaker
12:15 shaker
12:20 shaker
12:35 shaker
12:40 shaker
12:50 shaker

I called it good after that. I wanted to keep going, but the shaker city was getting tiring, and all i had left for bait was sandshrimp, which I had been using since the last one I had lost. I needed to get out of there. Landed 10 out of 12, the other two bankers were getting p!$$ed i'm sure. Boats were leaving and had been slow for them much of the morning. Only saw 4 landed...

this was definitely the respite i required. hopefully i can keep some of this confidence going and finally find myself a springer!!!

in case you're wondering, yes, i bought a powerball ticket on my way home...

Last edited by a moderator:
S
SNDSLGR
Jeez, now I am really kicking myself for not hooking up with you last week. Nice work! (jelous)

Was your bait different or are you just that good? lol

F
fishndad
what is this thing you refer to as a shaker? im not use to slang terms for sturgeon yet lol

J
joemomma
A shaker is a fish to small to keep, then there is keeper, then oversize! Those are some fattys, they look somewhat close!

M
mainman
nice

nice

nicley done sir, I have had some luck latley only one keeper out of 7 but its still fun. Where did you manage to catch all these guys?

T
tnffishman
what were you using for bait?:think:

T
tnffishman
and were any keepers?

T
The Nothing
yes
3 photos are of legals
half the fish were caught on sandshrimp
the rest on a common frozen baitfish