"springer action today"

Diehard
Diehard
hey everyone i was down plunk'n at meldrum bar with my daughter this mornin 3-15 on the way there i told her i was glad she was goin with because i usually dont catch fish down there the rare ocasion is when i take one of my kids any way's i was plunk'n a pink and white winged spin'n glow and a green glow with to red cooners on them wham rod goes off about 9:00 am pick it up set the hook i start fight'n the fish fight'n a little more im think'n dang this steely dont want to come in when it finally did it was a gorgeous 16#er and chrome just the way we like'm my buddy gonna put a pic up for you guy's to all check out :dance: 2nd springer ive caught in about 20 years of fish'n for just about every thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fishydog
M
metalmania
Good job on the springer it's always nice to hear about them early in the run. Don't you just love those unexpected fish, always makes for a good story:lol:. I'm lookin forward to a pic. :clap:

T
tnffishman
were you runnin a prawn or any bait on the spin n glo

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Way to go!!

Way to go!!

Diehard said:
hey everyone i was down plunk'n at meldrum bar with my daughter this mornin 3-15 on the way there i told her i was glad she was goin with because i usually dont catch fish down there the rare ocasion is when i take one of my kids any way's i was plunk'n a pink and white winged spin'n glow and a green glow with to red cooners on them wham rod goes off about 9:00 am pick it up set the hook i start fight'n the fish fight'n a little more im think'n dang this steely dont want to come in when it finally did it was a gorgeous 16#er and chrome just the way we like'm my buddy gonna put a pic up for you guy's to all check out :dance: 2nd springer ive caught in about 20 years of fish'n for just about every thing

Diehard;
YAHOOOOOO!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :yay::yay::yay:
Congratulations,sounds like that is the daughter to have along. Hope you both get back out and snag another,make her into a female phenom fisher folk. They can't start too young. Be safe.
Barb

N
ninja2010
super sweet, i say...

where's the pix???

K
Kodiak
Congrats..springers are hard to come by! You musta' been doin' something right.

G
GreenDrifter
Nice job! :clap:

F
FishFinger
tnffishman said:

Coon shrimp.

Nice catch. The weather was a little on the rough side this morning. Way to stay after em.

Diehard
Diehard
yes prawns

yes prawns

tnffishman said:

pink spin glow white wings red coon stripe prawn

P
plunkme
ive went there to check it out and watch how people fish, but how far did you throw your gear out in the water? ive seen people throw from 10 ft - 30 ft out in front of them, and what is your rod reel and line setup? ive seen people use salmon drift poles, and ive seen surf rods and suggestions?

Diehard
Diehard
plunk'n set up

plunk'n set up

plunkme said:
ive went there to check it out and watch how people fish, but how far did you throw your gear out in the water? ive seen people throw from 10 ft - 30 ft out in front of them, and what is your rod reel and line setup? ive seen people use salmon drift poles, and ive seen surf rods and suggestions?

i use an 8ft 12\25 pound rated level wind spooled with thirty five pound tuff line on a abu garcia 6500 and for my leaders i use twenty pound maxima ultra green if you use prawns with the head there is a trick i use you need to wrap the head shell either with a prawn rubber band or a piece of the self adhering bait wrap they use for quick fish wraps i think its called silver thread and distance id say a true 30ft good luck

H
Hawk
Diehard said:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:.............................Bro Diehard & Beloved Daughter, that shurely is a Mighty Beautiful Lunker Springer...............................:D:D:D:D:D..............................:cool::cool::cool::cool: