Spring bear!

T
TTFishon
Nice video. I hope you get one this year. I've never hunted bear but if it's legal to hunt up Lost Cr Rd out by Dexter that's where I'd go. I used to pick mushrooms up there and there's a ton of bear sign there. Good luck!!!

E
eugene1
Nice bear and goats!

I haven't had a chance to hunt for several years. Good luck this season,

C
capblack
thanks for the video, i enjoyed it. ill wait until fall bear season again this year, kokanee season is right around the corner. good luck this year!!

K
Kevinb5688
I got a nice 3 year old bear last year. I was more proud of it then any deer i have shot. Good luck.

S
salmon_slayer87
I tried my luck last year. Took one shot at about 350 yards. Missed cleanly. But I sold my. 300 so I won't be bear hunting this year.
Dale

B
billfisher
Thanks for sharing. What a nice big brute. I like the goats, great video!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Spring bear's and spring chinook... good time of the year!

Last edited:
F
fishing_mission
Don't forget about the turkeys too !!!

K
Kevinb5688
Man that was a great video!
That girl was a heck of a shot, and i love the pack goats.
I can't wait to get another bear. My first was in terrian aboit that steep, but i was the pack goat. Good job!

S
Santiam338
Kevinb5688 said:
Man that was a great video!
That girl was a heck of a shot, and i love the pack goats.
I can't wait to get another bear. My first was in terrian aboit that steep, but i was the pack goat. Good job!

So do you have a spring tag this year??

When my daughter lines up,its all over but the packing..;)

C
capblack
im really enjoying all your bear vids. are these all coastal blackies??

C
capblack
i bet you guys got a good laugh at that one when you watched it back for the first time.

B
billfisher
Really cool videos. I'd watch them all. Thanks for sharing!

E
eugene1
OK, How do you train your goats to follow along on the hunt? I'd worry that they would wander off by themselves. Do they naturally follow a person? One of the vids made it sound like that.

Congrats to your girl, nice shot!

S
Santiam338
eugene1 said:
OK, How do you train your goats to follow along on the hunt? I'd worry that they would wander off by themselves. Do they naturally follow a person? One of the vids made it sound like that.

Congrats to your girl, nice shot!

Packgoats are raised,not trained...Take them at birth,bottle raise them and you become the herd leader..After that you can't chase them away with a stick..If you get out of their sight they go bonkers...LOL In the video with the big boar,the plan was to leave my goats with Ken and his goats while I made the stalk...NO WAY!!! LOL

They went crazy and Ken had to turn them loose so they could catch up...Kinda cool really...

Here is another BIG bear that we needed 2 more seconds..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA7kWbyadvw&feature=channel&noredirect=1

This video was from 2007...My buddy was looking for his first bear and also had a leftover tag...With 2 tags we were not going to be to particular with the first bear...Then hunt for a big one on the second tag..

Unfortunately,the shot was a bit far back and the bear made it to the creek before expiring...Thats the main reason to break them down cause thay almost ALWAYS make it to the creek...LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9Rl5tfa1k&feature=g-upl&context=G20c560aAUAAAAAAAEAA

Last edited: