Spots on the Santiam?

F
FisherBob WaderPants
Hey, I'm new to the area and looking for some good spots to fish on the Santiam. I don't have a boat. Anyone know of a place or two? Thanks!

S
Sage_Flyguy
I know of a few places on the Santiam that are good trout producers... For you , you would want to head between 20 and 30 miles east... there is a spot just above and below the lebanon Dam that you can walk down into ...or a few miles east of that on Hwy 20 if you take the waterloo turnoff ... I have heard of people having success down there at the waterloo park...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Love the name

Love the name

Welcome to the forum where you will find the friendliest,most helpful fellow fisher folk west of the Atlantic Ocean!!! :dance:
That being said,I have to say I love the moniker! Let me guess,you have at least one small child infatuated with that goofy square yellow guy? My 3yr old grandson loves the goofy lil guy. :D You must have a great sense of humor,almost as good as "fluffyfisherman". :rolleyes:
As for the Santiam,there are so many places. I-5 rest area south of Salem;Stayton,Mill City,under the bridge;all sorts of parks adjacent to the river along highway 22 all the way to Packsaddle. Be sure to check the archives. Some of our very generous members have given detailed fishing hole locations. Checking posts by Kodiak will enlighten you enough to make you think you are a natural born fish slayer without even getting close to the water. :D:lol::lol:
Above all else....
Be safe.
Barb

M
Mike123
Buy a raft or innertube and float the river.
Best way to find holes that haven't been destroyed by people.